Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to use the ssdtPRgen.sh from the beta branch.
It's telling the processor isn't matched. I believe this is due to my SMBIOS being incorrect.

It's telling the processor isn't matched. I believe this is due to my SMBIOS being incorrect.

Probably. ssdtPRgen.sh depends on having the correct SMBIOS in place before using it.

Probably. ssdtPRgen.sh depends on having the correct SMBIOS in place before using it.

Well, still can't find a way to fix the SMBIOS problem. Is it possible for me to compile kext and ssdtPRgen.sh to work with MacBookAir6?

Well, still can't find a way to fix the SMBIOS problem. Is it possible for me to compile kext and ssdtPRgen.sh to work with MacBookAir6?

Compile what kext? There may be many system kexts that depend on the SMBIOS data being correct.

Compile what kext? There may be many system kexts that depend on the SMBIOS data being correct.

I'm in the same predicament. Most things are working well now, except for webcam and imessage, which I assume is an SMBIOS problem.

It is probably just cosmetic. OS X has no choice but to "use the i7 processor" as that is the only CPU in the laptop.

Correct. Any idea where the About This Mac information is farmed from, specifically the processor identification? I'd like to correct this and create another ssdtprgen output.

Thanks!

Correct. Any idea where the About This Mac information is farmed from, specifically the processor identification? I'd like to correct this and create another ssdtprgen output.

Thanks!

There are ways to change it... link not handy, but if you search...

Did you Generated Custom ssdt.aml using ssdtPRgen.sh and put it in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/ along with DSDT and other ssdt's?
In config.plist did you have SortedOrder right?

I do. I'm wondering if there might be an error in my SMBIOS which mis-identifies the processor as an i5 vs the i7 in my machine. I'd like to correct that and then create a new SSDT with ssdtPRGen. Any thoughts on where the processor identification is farmed from for the About The Mac to use?

There are ways to change it... link not handy, but if you search...

Thanks RhM. I did do quite a bit of searching prior to posting, but found older posts which no longer work in El Cap. Besides, those were just cosmetic changes. I'm hoping to find the theoretical wrong (possibly SMBIOS) information that's been provided to the OS to report the wrong processor. Trying to find the root of the problem here.

can anyone report the battery life on el cap? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back