Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
M
DUDE I FIXED IT!

First, I disabled System Integrity Protection by adding this to my clover plist:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x3</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

Next, I ran these commands:

sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|\xB8\x01\x00\x00\x00\xF6\xC1\x01\x0F\x85|\x33\xC0\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\x90\xE9|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/Current/IOKit

Then, I downloaded CloverConfigurator and set InjectIntel in my clover.plist to be TRUE (it's in the graphics section).

After reboot, the screen will look glitchy for a second but then boot fine and have perfect performance! Not to mention things like sleep are fixed by patching iokit. That was an experience to figure out.

I tried what you said, and my screen stays glitchy :(

edit: a reboot seemed to fix it. It is running smoothly for the most part now. Still a bit laggy

Last edited:
Here you go. I have restored my EFI folder to the folder that was on my boot USB, so I can go from there. Please let me know how everything looks :)

Your ioreg shows that you're not injecting an ig-platform-id. No expectation of working HD5500 without ig-platform-id.

You have config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false, so config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id is ignored.

Your ioreg shows that you're not injecting an ig-platform-id. No expectation of working HD5500 without ig-platform-id.

You have config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false, so config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id is ignored.

fixed that. Any ideas on what else might be hindering performance? It's pretty smooth for the most part... but there are still a few animations that lag.

fixed that. Any ideas on what else might be hindering performance? It's pretty smooth for the most part... but there are still a few animations that lag.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here you are sir!

Attachments

• Attachments.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
Here you are sir!

Your ioreg shows QE/CI working.

But it also shows a problem with the SMBIOS name being truncated (MacBookAir6).

You have issues with your FakePCIID kext installation. FakePCIID injectors such as FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext do not work unless FakePCIID.kext is also installed.

Hello,

Got the 4K (QHD?) 9343 with touch and have El Capitan 10.11.4 running good. One issue I am trying to resolve now is the touchscreen not working. Any idea how to get that going? Am I needing kexts to be installed? If so, which ones?

EDIT: Disregard. It is working now after installing FakePCIID, FakePCIIDXHCI, and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2. Not sure which one did it, but it did!

Last edited:
It was FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, as they are USB related.
For background information, read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2 is for Broadcom WiFi, and is superseded by FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext.

Thanks RehabMan.

One other thing that is being an annoyance, about 8 times out of 10 when I boot, I get a failed boot message and have to reboot. It will do this maybe 2 or 3 times then it will boot fine. Seen this before?

Thanks RehabMan.

One other thing that is being an annoyance, about 8 times out of 10 when I boot, I get a failed boot message and have to reboot. It will do this maybe 2 or 3 times then it will boot fine. Seen this before?

Use verbose boot to get troubleshooting info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back