Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am rather new here. I hope I am not asking a dumb question :p:p

I am attempting to install the newest version EI Capitain, and I am following the guide on the first page and the link it refers to.

I am using the newest Clover, the newest kexts (FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext) and did replace "VboxHfs-64.efi" back with the HFDPlace.efi which comes by default.

And I did formatted the USB drive with GPT instead of MBR. And I am using the config.plist file provided in the first page of this thread.

I successfully booted into the clover. But when I chose to boot the installer, the bootloader does nothing. It just stands there, as if I didn't hit enter. No apple logos, no even error messages. It didn't freeze. It just didn't response.

I did searched the web and I found it might be because of the plist problem. So I used config.plist here and there but still no luck.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
View attachment EFI.zip

I am attempting to install the newest version EI Capitain, and I am following the guide on the first page and the link it refers to.

I am using the newest Clover, the newest kexts (FakeSMC.kext, VoodooPS2Controller.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext) and did replace "VboxHfs-64.efi" back with the HFDPlace.efi which comes by default.

And I did formatted the USB drive with GPT instead of MBR. And I am using the config.plist file provided in the first page of this thread.

I successfully booted into the clover. But when I chose to boot the installer, the bootloader does nothing. It just stands there, as if I didn't hit enter. No apple logos, no even error messages. It didn't freeze. It just didn't response.

I did searched the web and I found it might be because of the plist problem. So I used config.plist here and there but still no luck.

View attachment 186139

what about your processor, do you have broadwell or skylake?
I don't know about skylake

Last edited:

View attachment 186139

Some hardware has problems with HFSPlus.efi. It is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Help!!!

After struggling for days, such "OsxAptipFixDrv: Error" message keeps coming. (As IMG_0490.JPG)
(tried slide=0, still the same; OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi results into directly rebooting after the message "++++++++")

Basically, I followed current thread doing all the way to make the bootable USB. (GPT; UniBeast; UEFI; El Capitan; EFI as the tagged file EFI.zip)

Specs: (As IMG_0491.JPG)
XPS 13 9343 1080p without touchscreen
i5-5200U, HD 5500, Bios at A07 version

As for DVMT modding,
Bios dumped by "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0", but couldn't find the text of "Setup" in UEFI Tool for extracting body content.
Though, I did the "setup_var" command as http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-beta-with-dell-xps-13-9343-early-2015-model.169974/ mentioned. (As IMG_0501.JPG)

Bios setups: Secure boot off; C-state off; Virtual options off; USB 3.0 off; VT off.

Hope there will be a resolution to this problem, thanks in advance for anyone leaving any single comment.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.JPG
    IMG_0490.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0491.JPG
    IMG_0491.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 123
  • EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 114
Help!!!

After struggling for days, such "OsxAptipFixDrv: Error" message keeps coming. (As IMG_0490.JPG)
(tried slide=0, still the same; OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi results into directly rebooting after the message "++++++++")

Basically, I followed current thread doing all the way to make the bootable USB. (GPT; UniBeast; UEFI; El Capitan; EFI as the tagged file EFI.zip)

Specs: (As IMG_0491.JPG)
XPS 13 9343 1080p without touchscreen
i5-5200U, HD 5500, Bios at A07 version

As for DVMT modding,
Bios dumped by "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0", but couldn't find the text of "Setup" in UEFI Tool for extracting body content.
Though, I did the "setup_var" command as http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-beta-with-dell-xps-13-9343-early-2015-model.169974/ mentioned. (As IMG_0501.JPG)

Bios setups: Secure boot off; C-state off; Virtual options off; USB 3.0 off; VT off.

Hope there will be a resolution to this problem, thanks in advance for anyone leaving any single comment.

Your config.plist is wrong. See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Thanks a lot....

However, I made it entering the installation.
The USB booting device I remade with UniBeast 6.2 with Legacy boot option,
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from https://github.com/theracermaster/G...I/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

After OS installation (10.11.4), Audio is enabled with VoodooHDA 2.8.8

Touch pad finds laggy, and low precision.
Bluetooth can't connect with my iPhone, still looking for way out

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 109
Thanks a lot....

However, I made it entering the installation.
The USB booting device I remade with UniBeast 6.2 with Legacy boot option,
OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi from https://github.com/theracermaster/G...I/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

After OS installation (10.11.4), Audio is enabled with VoodooHDA 2.8.8

Touch pad finds laggy, and low precision.
Bluetooth can't connect with my iPhone, still looking for way out

Install PS2 drivers appropriate for your trackpad hardware.

What bluetooth hardware do you have?

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my XPS 13 9343, however I have 2 questions...

How do I make it so I don't have to have the USB drive in the laptop every time I want to boot in order to use Clover? I'm familiar with installing bootloaders in Linux but not OSX.

I am getting serious performance hits involving massive tearing and animations taking forever. I did not do the prealloc thing at the start of the guide, as I booted up the EFI shell and setup_var wasn't a command and I did not patch the AppleBDWFrameBuffer kext.

Can anyone help with these two issues? Thanks in advance!

I have successfully installed El Capitan on my XPS 13 9343, however I have 2 questions...

How do I make it so I don't have to have the USB drive in the laptop every time I want to boot in order to use Clover? I'm familiar with installing bootloaders in Linux but not OSX.

I am getting serious performance hits involving massive tearing and animations taking forever. I did not do the prealloc thing at the start of the guide, as I booted up the EFI shell and setup_var wasn't a command and I did not patch the AppleBDWFrameBuffer kext.

Can anyone help with these two issues? Thanks in advance!

Installing Clover to HDD is covered in the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back