Intel UHD620
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I have a desktop build:
MoBo: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
CPU: i7-6700K
GPU: GTX970
I am running 10.11.6

I recently installed a BCM94360CD Card, and it should most definitely be an Apple. Connected to the motherboard with a PCI adapter.
My wifi is turned on, and I can see my wireless network, but upon trying to join the network I am met with the message: "The Wifi Network "network name" could not be joined"

I have done all that one can do in this situation, such as deleting network.plist files from systems configuration and letting the computer regenerate them. I am obviously missing something, however, and I have literally spent weeks researching this topic and trying different things other than re-installing (I have a gig in half a month where this computer will be used, reinstalling is a serious last resort).

Thank you for your reply. I moved it to a different slot but I won't be able to find out if that works or not because as of the last week the computer has been hanging at the Apple logo. I was able to put the verbose boot flag and somehow that got me into my system but as of today it's been stuck on this message:

ARPT: 0.943651: data written into the PLL_CNTRL_ADDR3 (Fractional) 0000100e

I have another forum for this issue here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-hangs-at-boot-verbose-mode-starts-no-problem.215463/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back