1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[ISSUE] El Capitan - 4790K / Z97 PRO / SSD 850 PRO | Edit Multibeast 8.0 |

Edit Multibeast 8.0:

Hi,

I've restart from scratch with Multibeast 8.0.

I began the install without the 960, and with only 8GB Ram.

No problem with Multibeast, i've Ethernet, Booting from HDD and Audio working great.

Only missing: support for the Nvidia 960 and USB3 (+ Wifi and Bluetooth optional).

i've tried nvda_drv =1, but no success (can't boot), i remove it then.

Here are my current clover configuration: Some info are strange to me as i don't understand everything. I hope you guys will see my mistake :)

Capture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.49.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.19.jpgCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.54.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.28.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.41.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.25.06.jpgCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.25.10.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.24.57.pngCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.25.22.jpgCapture d’écran 2015-11-18 à 14.25.03.png

Hi There,

First thanks for this amazing website. I know it for a long time, but never had the chance to build a Hackintosh before today.

I'm a Windows User, but i wanted to mount a very nice mac for a colleague.
So He bought a nice config from the buyer's guide here:

-I7 4790K
-Asus Z97 Pro Wifi ac
-16 Go Ram
-Nvidia Evga GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0
- Samsung 850 Pro 256 Go

I Followed the tutorial posted yesterday by tonymacx86 for El Capitan.

Notes:
  • I Used a Sandisk Flash Drive, USB3 32Go
  • I Selected UEFI boot mode
  • The screen is connected to the Nvidia Card, in Display port; not to the Onboard GPU

I've tested 2 Usb Drives, made from two differents Macs: One with The push Nvidia, One without.

BIOS:

• I've Upgraded My bios to the latest version (2501).
  • Loaded the default settings
  • Change only the boot option to other os, and disable the Secure Boot mode.
  • Vt-d, CFG-Lock are disabled when loading defaults.

I Unplug the additional Hard drive, Select only the Samsung SSD into boot option (everything else is disabled)

I'm stuck when booting The install:
  • I've got two options: UEFI Sandisk ou Sandisk, I manage to Have Clover Screen only when booting "UEFI Sandisk"
  • Without knowing much, i just launch the install, hopping it will be enough :D

So I'm basically stuck with the Nice Apple logo, the bar progress until about 40% and then the computer restart.

Sadly, I'm a newbie for this, This is my first time for a Hackintosh.
I Hope you guys can help me.

Thanks

Florent.

Edit1: I've Tried to add "GraphicsEnabler = NO, nv_disable = 1" Without Success

Last edited:
Have you tried installing with the onboard graphics card?

Thank you both for the response, it was indeed the nv_disable=1 .

I added it to the config.plist and i could do the installation off El Capitan.

Now, i wanted to install the graphics drivers for nvidia, this part wasn't a problem, but everytime i reboot, the display is on "OSX drivers", and i'm stuck with a 1280x1024 resolution on a 27"QHD screen :crazy:. Maybe i should remove the nv_disable=1 from the config ?

Should i wait for Multibeast 8.0 to be release ? I think it might be a nice help for me to configure all of this.

In addition, i noticed that, for now, the mac won't boot without the usb key...

I'm very pleased to boot MacOsx on an hardware i choose, happy to learn tricks.
Thanks Ammulder for the Big list off solutions.

I have almost same specs with you. But I have asus z97 pro gamer. Try check boot log to see if your fakesmc.kext is loaded, you must see line DSMod has arrived, then you will able to boot into installer

I saw A Line with fake SMC into the log generated with clover (i hope it was the log you talked about - See Bootlog in the attached file.

I don't know if i use Clover Configurator right; I just made a new install, from scratch to be sure i'm making the right things:

Once MacOsx booted, I mount the efi , go to SMBIOS tab and select the latest imac (15.xxx Retina 27") wich seems to be the good choice for my config.

But i cant find a save button, so i Simply Quit the program, but when i launch it again everything is blank ... i cant export the file to the desktop, but save... don't know how.

This also add an issue when installing the Audio drivers with ALC110 Script, it says that the EFI isn't mounted.

Thanks for your replies !

Edit: Note: From Scratch, with only nv_disable=1 as argument to my config.plist one the Usb Drive, i have a flawless installation, SSD and Hard Drives Okay, 16Go Ram, Ethernet supported.

Missing: Wifi, Nvidia / Audio / boot from HDD. not much in fact.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.txt
    18.2 KB · Views: 187
You're not the first person I've read from on a Z97 stating that they couldn't boot their system with the USB stick removed. I never had this issue with my Z97. Maybe it's a BIOS setting that causes this? I'm only saying that because I've had booting issues in the past where they've cleared up by adjusting certain BIOS settings. (eg. Disabling Secure Boot Mode, Setting OS Type to "Other OS" for example)

Definitely remove your nv_disable=1 from your boot.plist after you've successfully installed the nVidia web drivers! If that doesn't do it for you check the following:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

It sounds like you couldn't get audio working? (common with this board) I spent a few extra bucks on a USB sound card (andrea pureaudio). Well worth the money to overcome such a hassle.

I'm still stuck on 10.10.5 as the installation failed for me. Haven't gotten around to tinkering with things though. Hopefully one day..

Thanks, I removed the "nv_disable=1" from the config.plist on the usb stick, still used to boot.

I mounted the Efi part into the SSD Drive with clover, and edited it with TextEdit, no "nv_disable=1" here.

Everytime i select the Nvidia driver, I reboot, choose the hard drive with clover and the Osx driver is automatically chosen.

Good news alos, i figure how to add the SMbios settings to my EFI partition, its easier when i save to the efi PArtition instead of the desktop ! :problem:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back