Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H170A GAMING PRO
CPU
i5 6500
Graphics
GTX 1060
NEED:
8GB or More Unibeast USB - Follow Steps 1 & 2 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...apitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672
Extra USB for Downloaded Utilities & Prerequisite files

Utilities:
Unibeast 6.2.0 http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-6-2-0.314
Multibeast 8.2.2 http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/multibeast-el-capitan-8-2-2.318
EFIMounter v3 http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9HwWZ_XhBMtSDd2UlNoMUNzUVk/view
Config.plist = Attached here (Dont forget to delete (FOR HD & FOR USB) from the file name . its there to show difference between them)

Everything is working
* For Audio and Network don’t know because am use audio interface and wireless card and it works perfect for me

Install Setup And Configuration

1) Copy all downloaded files to a spare USB
2) Follow Steps 1 & 2 from this http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...apitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672
2) In finder you should now find a mounted drive called EFI. If not Run EfiMounter v3 and click mount and choose the corresponding drive.
3) Navigate into /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/
4) Delete OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi & Copy OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI
5) Go Back a folder and delete config.plist and replace with the Attached

BIOS Configuration

LAN Option ROM - Disabled
Network Stack - Disabled
Serial(COM) Port 0 - Disabled
Parallel(LPT) Port - Disabled
Windows 8.1/10 WHQL- Disabled
Windows 7 Installation - Disabled
Intel Virtualization - Disabled
Intel VT-D - Disabled
CFG Lock - Disabled

Installation

1) Boot up the computer and enter the Boot selection menu by tapping F11 on the post screen
2) Select the USB Drive you created earlier with Unibeast and hit ENTER
3) Once in the El Capitan install screen make sure to format the HDD you will be using to install El Capitan on by going up the top of the screen and selecting Utilities then Disk Utility. Make sure to select the correct HDD. Give the hdd a name of your choosing
4) Once install finishes and reboots boot the USB again and boot from the formatted drive you renamed earlier in Clover
5) Run through the initial configuration screen and create your User
6) Once on the desktop plug the and copy all the downloaded files you copied earlier to the desktop.
7) Run extract Multibeast and run it.
8) Select Quickstart - UEFI Boot Mode (Make sure the HDD is selected not the USB & click Build > Install)
9) Install the Nvidia Web Drivers http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...cs-drivers-for-os-x-10-11-4-346-03-06.188837/ and restart
10) Follow Step 4
11) Run EFIMounter v3 & select the HDD not the USB.
12) Once mounted navigate into /EFI/CLOVER/ and delete config.plist and replace with the Attached

Now you should be ready to reboot into a working Hackintosh System

CREDITS AND THANKS TO
Leeum & bob3000

CREDITS AND THANKS TO
TONYMACX86.COM

Attachments

• config.plist (FOR HD).plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 270
  • config.plist (FOR USB).plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hey Samquansah

First of all thanks for the guide. Glad to see there's at least one person that has a successful install on the H170A.

I'm currently stuck. I did all the steps exactly as you've shown and when i try to boot from the USB the apple logo shows, then my usb light stops flashing and it just reboots. The only thing I've noticed that was different was when I copied the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file over to the usb drive, it didnt have the same name but was named OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi . Notice that there is a 2 after "..AptioFix...". I did the complete usb setup on a El Capitan 10.11.5 VMware.

I also booted the installer with the -v flag, but all i get is a bunch of ++++++++++++ signs and imediately reboots. I've attached a screenshot of the verbose screen.

It would greatly be appreciated if you could give me some advice on what to do as i cant seem to find anyone else with a succsesfull install on these hardware.

Hardware list :
Mobo : MSI H170A Gaming Pro
CPU : I5 6500
Graphics : AMD Radeon R7 370 (currently removed the graphics card to try install on internall Intel HD 530 first)
Ram : Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 4GB x2
SSD : Sandisk X300 256GB
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 500GB

Attachments

• 20160709_182515.jpg
    20160709_182515.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 117
Doesn't works for me i6700k+ ASRock pro4

"this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform reason"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Samquansah

First of all thanks for the guide. Glad to see there's at least one person that has a successful install on the H170A.

I'm currently stuck. I did all the steps exactly as you've shown and when i try to boot from the USB the apple logo shows, then my usb light stops flashing and it just reboots. The only thing I've noticed that was different was when I copied the OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi file over to the usb drive, it didnt have the same name but was named OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi . Notice that there is a 2 after "..AptioFix...". I did the complete usb setup on a El Capitan 10.11.5 VMware.

I also booted the installer with the -v flag, but all i get is a bunch of ++++++++++++ signs and imediately reboots. I've attached a screenshot of the verbose screen.

It would greatly be appreciated if you could give me some advice on what to do as i cant seem to find anyone else with a succsesfull install on these hardware.

Hardware list :
Graphics : AMD Radeon R7 370 (currently removed the graphics card to try install on internall Intel HD 530 first)

check ur bios settings see if its the same

Hey Samquansah

Hardware list :

am now on MacOS Sierra and its works perfect without any problems. its should work cus we got the same board. restart ur bios setting and use onboard GPU. TRY that

Attachments

• IMG_20160712_152332.jpg
    IMG_20160712_152332.jpg
    7.9 MB · Views: 113
Doesn't works for me i6700k+ ASRock pro4

"this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform reason"

dont know about ASrock mobo. u can check other post u will find it somewehere

Thanx.

Its sorted out now. I jus redownloaded a fresh installer from the appstore and did everything from start to finish as on your guide.

I dont know if its relevant to how you did your install but you might want to add it as a last step, I had to copy the osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi file to the HD as well to get mine booting otherwisd i get the "Aptio" error again. Just something to note for newcomers like myself ! :)

Now all thats left to do is get my Radeon R7 370 up and running with full functionality and no lags... any suggestions ? Tried searching for guides but not alot of people using the card on mac yet..

Thumbs up to you for the guide!

Thanx.

Its sorted out now. I jus redownloaded a fresh installer from the appstore and did everything from start to finish as on your guide.

I dont know if its relevant to how you did your install but you might want to add it as a last step, I had to copy the osxaptiofixdrv-64.efi file to the HD as well to get mine booting otherwisd i get the "Aptio" error again. Just something to note for newcomers like myself ! :)

Now all thats left to do is get my Radeon R7 370 up and running with full functionality and no lags... any suggestions ? Tried searching for guides but not alot of people using the card on mac yet..

Thumbs up to you for the guide!

With AMD cards I got no idea. Am using GTX 960 so don't know much of AMD. Thx

I figure out, i7 6700k only works with El Capitan 10.11.4 or above, i was trying with 10.11.1. But im not installed yet.
ok that cool. please post ur results when u try it so that we can know how it goes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back