Contribute
Register

El Capitan 10.11.3 - Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 - 6700K SkyLake - Titan X - 64GB RAM - SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made progress ... changed to another hard disk in the system (which was not initialized before). It is an old Western Digital Raptor ... actually the installation has started ... keep you posted ...

I made progress ... changed to another hard disk in the system (which was not initialized before). It is an old Western Digital Raptor ... actually the installation has started ... keep you posted ...

The basic installation run flawless. I am know trying to delete all partitions on the SSD without getting a new one automatically.

After this I try to reinstall again on the SSD

The basic installation run flawless. I am know trying to delete all partitions on the SSD without getting a new one automatically.

After this I try to reinstall again on the SSD

FOLLOW UP:
I managed to install it on the SSD :p as follows:
(1) Created the initial USB Stick as in the guide
using UniBeast 6.1.1
(2) Installing Clover 2.3k_r3354 over (1)
(3) added kexts from andycorleone - thank you :clap:
(4) added kexts from andres - thank you :clap:
(5) added nv_disable=1

this helped ...

now I go to the step of optimizing ... and learn more (bec. this is my 1st mackintosh - experience counts)

any luck on audio???

My Configuration
Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7
BIOS F6
Intel Core i7 6700 SkyLake
4x 16GB - G.SKILL Ripjaws V SeriesLL Ripjaws V Series
Crucial Crucial_CT240M500SSD1 240GB SSD
Asus Titan X 16GB
2x BENQ 4K Monitors

Bios:
optimized defaults
Them Change:
SuperIO (Serial): Disabled
XHCI Handoff: Enabled
IOAPIC entries: Disabled

Installation:
1) Create an USB drive with UniBeast and El Capitan 10.11.3 from the Apple Store when is Done Mount the EFI Partition with "EFI Mounter v3" delete everything from the "CLOVER" folder replace with the files inside "UniBeast Clover.zip"
2) Boot from UniBeast USD drive Installation should be pretty straight forward
3) When finish Restart al boot one more time from UniBeast USB.
4) install MultiBeast - El Capitan 8.0.1 this is what my selection:
-Quick Start: UEFI Boot Mode
-Build: Install
5) them I install the NVIDIA alternate graphics drivers for OS X El Capitan 10.11.3
6)With "Easykext" install: "AppleIntelE1000e.kext" and "AppleGraphicsControl.kext" (boths inside Kexts.zip)
6)Mount the EFI Partition with "EFI Mounter v3" delete everything from the "CLOVER" folder replace with the files inside "Final Clover.zip"

After Reboot you should have a fully functional System.

After a week and at least 60 after-work-night-hours spending with my system I made an observation I want to share with you.

After I include the AppleGraphicsControl.kext in my system with the Easykext Utility my RAM Config changed. It changed the speed, the size, and the location

I have 2 * 8 in BANK 1 - I get 2 * 4 - one in BANK 0 and one in BANK 1.:banghead:

Does anyone understand why and how to correct this? I understand changing the apple graphics device policy is mandatory to install nvidia driver for Maxwell support.

THX
carrerabahn

After a week and at least 60 after-work-night-hours spending with my system I made an observation I want to share with you.

After I include the AppleGraphicsControl.kext in my system with the Easykext Utility my RAM Config changed. It changed the speed, the size, and the location

I have 2 * 8 in BANK 1 - I get 2 * 4 - one in BANK 0 and one in BANK 1.:banghead:

Does anyone understand why and how to correct this? I understand changing the apple graphics device policy is mandatory to install nvidia driver for Maxwell support.

THX
carrerabahn

After some more time (and several new setups) I now managed to setup my system. The mentioned behavior with AppleGraphicsKontrol.kext was eliminated and didn't return after one setup from scratch ... (sorry to make a wrong statement here based on observation only but caused by other unknown and unskilled installation by me)

I managed to activate flawless
* USB 3
* nVidia driver

actually have 3 areas to fight
* shutdown -> issue: restart after a few seconds after shutdown
* multiple UEFI Boot entries -> issue: after every boot a new entry get's created - I managed to delete but to prevent them
* sound -> issue: actually no sound at all - I managed to set my system in an uncontrolled state while trying several approaches and reinstalled it again - without sound

I am using
* 10.6.8 license
* 10.11.3 installer
* Clover 2.3 3354
* own DSDT file - created by clover pressing F4 (however did not learn how to patch directly)
* added patches to config.list (manually by CloverConfigurator):
- APIC Patch
- USB 15 to 30 Patch
- ... (one more I have to check)
* kexts
- for USB general and USB 3 activation
- FakeSMC
- intel1000e for i210V2 ethernet
- Atheros2200

I also patched the AppleGraphicsControlKext as mandatory requirement for getting nvidia maxwell to start

Thanks to all of you bringing hackintosh forward :headbang:
Thanks especially to all these wonderful and brilliant brains to invent and investigate and find solutions. :clap::clap::clap:

My nextstep will be to eliminate the UEFI entries: :think: -> any idea <- highly welcome.

Thanks in advance
carrebahn

Thank you mate, i tried like 10 methods and yours is the only one that worked smoothly.

The only problem i've is memory.
In "About this mac" i only see 8GB of Ram 3200 but currently i've installed 16 GB of Ram 2400. You know how can i solve this problem?

After all it seems to work well with a GTX970, the only thing i missing after ram is audio but i didn't have time to install kext yet. Thanks a lot.

I have a question about my install. I'm using the same board but I'm not using any discrete graphics. I wanted to get it up and running with HD 530 before I take on any add in cards. Regardless, I'm to the point where OS X 10.11.4 is installed and I just rebooted from the USB partition per the instructions and then loaded from the actual drive "El Capitan". I have full functionality excluding sound. I can deal with the sound issue later but my problem and question has to do with my next step.

Using Multi-beast, per the original instructions I have it on the USB drive. Do I run multi-beast from within the USB drive or do I drag it off the USB drive onto the main drive "El Capitan" and then run it?

My question was answered in the installation forum. Now I have a problem. In multi-beast, the instructions from this thread state to go with:

1. Quick Start- UEFI Bod Mode
2. Build - Install

When I do this the system definition shows up as Mac Pro 3,1 but the "About this Mac" says my current definition is seen as a mac 17,1. Which definition should I go through? I'm in the middle of this now so any quick responses are appreciated.

This is not my first attempt. I was in the same spot a few days ago but I wound up having two configurations. From USB boot, the install worked great (except for sound of course). Without the USB drive installed during boot it would actually have a different look to the clover screen and when I would get to the desktop my config was not allowing for graphics acceleration.

This is incredibly time consuming so I don't want to screw this up again. Thanks again in advance.

Hey guys, I could really use some help here. My fears have been realized. Here is the breakdown.

I have this same board but I'm not using a graphics card, just HD530 for now. I got to the install, followed the directions to the letter. Mounted my EFI partition from my USB drive, made the changes to the clover folder, powered down and removed the USB drive. Once I powered up the boot took me straight to Clover but it looked different than before. On USB boot it has a gray background. On HD boot (from bios with USB unplugged) it has a black background. So I choose the option to boot from El Capitan and once it loads it is a basic configuration.

On the USB boot, I have full functionality save for audio. I even have my USB ports working. On the final boot from the HD (with the USB removed) I get this basic load that has minimal USB ports working, the system does not recognize my build as a imac7,1 but instead a 2008 3,1 and instead of 1.5 gb of video it sees 31mb. My monitor is recognized as a 61 inch generic display when on USB it recognizes it for what it is, an ASUS PB287Q 4K. There is a crucial step that I'm missing here. Am I supposed to boot from the USB drive in my bios (hitting F12) and then use Clover to boot from the HD every time? Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back