Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel i7 6700
Graphics
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 970 4GB
First time building a PC as well as a CustoMac.

I have been able to dual boot OS X El Capitan and Windows 10 Pro on a single SSD using Gparted with the help of this guide:
https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3nlzys/how_to_dual_boot_el_capitan_and_windows_10_on_a/

Installed El Cap with Unibeast and Multibeast. Oddly, the EFI partition wasn't being created on my SSD but on usb and I couldn't get anything in bios to boot clover from w/o usb in, so I manually made a 210 MB Fat 32 partition for EFI. I'm at a loss for how to use Clover configurator and what settings or combinations of settings to get my Geforce 970 card working in OS X

Problems:
- Only one monitor displaying with two monitors plugged into GPU. One HDMI and one DVI.
- No audio
- Buggy graphics, glitches in web browser, wrong resolution and weird lines running up the screen for a few seconds at login.

Hoping these would all be solved if I can get the nvidia web driver working.

Found a good guide from someone who had success with pretty similar hardware but I keep getting stuck at nvidia stage. Black screen halfway through loading on apple logo when booting with nvidia drivers enabled.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/p...i7-skylake-32gb-ram-imac-17-1-success.198295/
Also only displaying 4gb RAM for 8gb sticks, but I think I'll be able to fix that with the guide above.

Also not being anything in the kexts folder for 10.11 should I have kexts in there and which?
Hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte z170x Gaming 3
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 Windforce
CPU: Intel i7 6700k skylake
RAM: 4x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4
SSD: 500 GB Samsung Evo 850

OSX El Capitan 10.11.6
NVIDIA Web Driver: 346.03.15f01

Any help appreciated. Also if you recommend any must have apps and utilities for OS X for hackintoshers, anything similar to Speccy?

- Buggy graphics, glitches in web browser, wrong resolution and weird lines running up the screen for a few seconds at login.

Hoping these would all be solved if I can get the nvidia web driver working.

Yep, probably the WebDrivers, either not installed correctly, but most probably it is still using the OSX driver.

Oddly, the EFI partition wasn't being created on my SSD but on usb

You have to make absolutely sure where it is being written out to. If you can boot from USB then you would copy the EFI/Clover files over to the disc drive after copying them to the desktop and mounting the disc EFI partition with EFIMounter, but if there's no EFI partition then you may have problems.

You may need to completely wipe the disc drive. For that I use a Linux LiveCD and run GParted and Disks. Before going through the trouble of downloading a Linux LiveCd and burning it, if you could get the USB stick to boot up then you could try using the Disk Utility to completely erase the disk, re-partition it and write it out as GUID/GPT. If you boot the USB in UEFI it should create the disc in UEFI, if you created the UniBeast stick as Legacy then you will need to enable CSM in the BIOS, boot from the non-UEFI USB selection, and when the OSX disk utility creates the disc EFI partition it will create it as Legacy.

Last edited:
Problems:
- Only one monitor displaying with two monitors plugged into GPU. One HDMI and one DVI.
- No audio

Exactly the same problems!

I already fix the graphics driver but nothing change...
no audio, chrome don't work, eccc

I haven't the EFI partition as well...

Im having lots of buggy behavior.
Hardware:
Motherboard: Gigabyte z170x UD3 Ultra
Graphics: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 Windforce 6gb ***EDIT*** Drivers not out yet which support this card. Ma B
CPU: Intel i7 6700k skylake
RAM: 2x 16GB skill ripsaws v DDR4
SSD: 275 GB Crucial MX300 275GB m.2-2280 ssd
OS version in screen shot (El Capitan 10.11.6)
System definition is 17.1 iMac which i based on the cpu

I installed the NVIDIA CUDA driver version 8.0.5 and the NVIDIA driver manager from the NVIDIA website, and installed webdriver from here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...river-updates-for-el-capitan-update-12142016/

At first using the Graphics card, the screen was black, the monitor wouldnt recognize/turn on. I used this page to help me get the NVIDIA driver manager to select the web driver and keep it that way after restart:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.161256/

after the web driver was recognized and with clover v2 I restarted and used the GPU HDMI port as display and it was black; I then switched to DVI-D and the monitor recognized the signal. I am now using this configuration to type this post.

I had to switch to safari from chrome because it was too glitchy. From the Log in menu there were scan lines showing with a top-down motion and different height-thicknesses, a bluish/grey color. Chrome was so buggy it is unusable. Safari is much more usable. I notice nearly no problems here. Other parts of the system are glitchy but usable. Safari tabs are showing a square field of normal grey color around cursor and turns the tab dark grey, much like a square eraser in paint colored the normal light grey color I can do a glitchy coloring job on the tab until I remove cursor from field area.

Watching videos is glitchy but not impossible on safari. I can go into these effects more if needed. I built this hackintosh for video and music processing on a budget. Let me know if I can provide you with more info.
If anyone can shed light on this or direct me towards other literature/forum posts, it is much appreciated, Thank you.

@blackbeardx86 My audio output was not recognized and I tried using multibeast to inject a few audio kexts, one of the Voodoo HDAs worked, not sure which, I dont know how to check necessarily. New to this as well. The audio is not perfect either, it has a lot of static sounds like a poppy breeze sometimes. At first it was extremely quiet and I ended up turning down gain and pcm up and turned the volume up all the way with the circular dial in the VoodooHDA section of system prefs (it is not labelled, i just had to find where "up" is)

EDIT:
my card is too new

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 2.52.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-12-29 at 2.52.06 PM.png
    23.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back