Contribute
Register

Eject Button in ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply! I don't think this is a issue with the kexts. This is somethings else very pesky. Just RW, Play , and FW down work in itunes.

Ok, I have slightly changed each of the kexts in order to try to make them have priority while loading. You can give either of these new kexts a try to see if that works for you. I didn't see a problem with your DSDT, but if it still doesn't work, we can try putting your SATA device-id directly into the DSDT to see if that helps.

Dil83

Thank you very much Dil83! Your help is greatly appreciated! I'not home right now but I'll check these kext out tomorrow and let you know if they work for me.

just installed AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and everything works great now... :) Thanks!

Just installed the new IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext and now DVD-Player and Eject work like a charm. As many people had this problem, this Injector would definitely be a nice addition to the new MultiBeast. Thanks again!

Ok, I have slightly changed each of the kexts in order to try to make them have priority while loading. You can give either of these new kexts a try to see if that works for you. I didn't see a problem with your DSDT, but if it still doesn't work, we can try putting your SATA device-id directly into the DSDT to see if that helps.

Dil83

I just noticed my ASMedia SATA III interface was showing up as eSATA which I assume means you took the info from the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext eSATA kext?

I just noticed my ASMedia SATA III interface was showing up as eSATA which I assume means you took the info from the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext eSATA kext?

Actually, I accidentally uploaded the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext that I have custom tailored to my system specifically.

Sorry about that!

Dil83

Here is the original one from MultiBeast with the DVD drive fix added. Everyone who downloaded AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext from my last post should re-download from here and reinstall. I omitted a lot of chipset info from the kext that didn't pertain to my system when I tailored it, so please dowload this latest one and use it instead. I also updated my other posts with the correct AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, sorry about the mistake!

Attachments

• AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 718
Actually, I accidentally uploaded the AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext that I have custom tailored to my system specifically.

Sorry about that!

Dil83

Here is the original one from MultiBeast with the DVD drive fix added. Everyone who downloaded AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext from my last post should re-download from here and reinstall. I omitted a lot of chipset info from the kext that didn't pertain to my system when I tailored it, so please dowload this latest one and use it instead. I also updated my other posts with the correct AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext, sorry about the mistake!

Thanks for posting the kext. This solved the problem for me! Now I can use the eject button and the dialog comes up when I insert a blank disc. Cheers...

Thanks again for the prompt attention!

Is it right I still see "Burn Support : Unsupported" in Disk Utility?

If I then Eject the disk inserted it changes to the second attachment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 21.25.04.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 21.25.04.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 21.28.16.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-31 at 21.28.16.png
    114.5 KB · Views: 343
@ dil83

Thanks for your fix! i am using a JMicron PCIe Card as eSATA Controller for my external SATA drives. How can i keep my external SATA drives showing up as external Drives? (orange Icons + ejectbutton)? Is this possible via plist edit?

(It's a JMB363 Card)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back