Contribute
Register

Eject Button in ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks, I will take a look when I get home (Real life getting in the way again!).

This is the file just downloaded...

That is the correct file. The only things I can think of are: It isn't loading properly; You have another kext injecting information for the SATA controller; Or your DSDT is interfering with it. I assume you make sure to repair permissions and rebuild caches when installing in S/L/E, OR repair permissions and rebuild mkext when installing in /Extra/Extensions?? I personally like to use "Kext Wizard" to do all that for me. Like I said, you can upload your DSDT and I can take a look at it if you think it's possibly the problem.

Dil83

Hi,

I followed the guide and installed the kext with Kext Wizard. The provided IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext doesn't seem to change the DVD to an internal drive, as the player still doesn't start after installation and the Eject-Button doesn't work either. Permissions where repaired and caches rebuild.

Could you have a look at my DSDT.aml if it ist conflicting with the kext? You can download it here: http://www.maroder.de/files/DSDT.zip

That would be really great!

Hi,

I followed the guide and installed the kext with Kext Wizard. The provided IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext doesn't seem to change the DVD to an internal drive, as the player still doesn't start after installation and the Eject-Button doesn't work either. Permissions where repaired and caches rebuild.

Could you have a look at my DSDT.aml if it ist conflicting with the kext? You can download it here: http://www.maroder.de/files/DSDT.zip

That would be really great!

Ok, I have slightly changed each of the kexts in order to try to make them have priority while loading. You can give either of these new kexts a try to see if that works for you. I didn't see a problem with your DSDT, but if it still doesn't work, we can try putting your SATA device-id directly into the DSDT to see if that helps.

Dil83

Attachments

• AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 745
  • IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 616
I've used the two kext's from Lion (AppleAHCIPort and IOAHCIFamily) and now have both Optiarc's working.
Temp solution, I know.
I've made a backup of the originals though.

UPDATE!
I've just put those original two ML kexts back in and installed your latest modified AHCI_3rdParty from the previous post and it now seems to be working!
A much better solution to use your modified kext because updates shouldn't affect it.
Nice work!

yeah the fix works perfectly... i have z68x-ud3h-b3 and apple original wired keyboard...

Same issue along with iTunes controls ;/ . Trying fix

Ok, I have slightly changed each of the kexts in order to try to make them have priority while loading. You can give either of these new kexts a try to see if that works for you. I didn't see a problem with your DSDT, but if it still doesn't work, we can try putting your SATA device-id directly into the DSDT to see if that helps.

Dil83

Working great now here along with ICH10 showing in System Information, many thanks!

EDIT: Can someone try erasing a DVD-RW with Disk Utility (Especially with a Sony Optiarc) and see what happens to the disk name in the list once it is ejected?

Not working... I see AHCIinjector.kext in S/L/E Should I remove that too?

EDIT GOT WORKING THANKS!!!!

Now I just need play rewind and FF to work ( F7 F8 F9)

Not working... I see AHCIinjector.kext in S/L/E Should I remove that too?

EDIT GOT WORKING THANKS!!!!

Now I just need play rewind and FF to work ( F7 F8 F9)

Those three keys work fine for me in iTunes (I didn't test them before this updated kext though).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back