Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Hi @dgaspa75,

very nice to read that your machine works with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 especially without sleep/wake phenomenon.

The failure with multi display setup you have is not related to SMBIOS, i think. If you read same posts before someone discribed here problems too. Important to know and solve the problem is you explain in detail how the displays are connected, e.g. adapters, cables, resolution... Maybe then some of the good knowing experts in this thread (which i am not) can help you with correct framebuffer patching.

The causal problem for this machine/framebuffer is, that the hardware is more laptop related then a desktop.

Best regards

Hi @dgaspa75,

very nice to read that your machine works with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 especially without sleep/wake phenomenon.

The failure with multi display setup you have is not related to SMBIOS, i think. If you read same posts before someone discribed here problems too. Important to know and solve the problem is you explain in detail how the displays are connected, e.g. adapters, cables, resolution... Maybe then some of the good knowing experts in this thread (which i am not) can help you with correct framebuffer patching.

The causal problem for this machine/framebuffer is, that the hardware is more laptop related then a desktop.

Best regards

Thank you @H0merSimps0n

My displays are both Dell FullHD 1920x1080 60 Hz. One is connected via HDMI cable and other with miniDP to DP cable. If I connect only one, everything is all right. If I connect both before booting, only HDMI one works. If I connect only one, and then second one after booting (no matter which one), I get green lines and picture is all artefacted.

I tried with @Amateur85 EFI with Macmini8,1 SMBIOS and my dual display setup works as it should, but if I try to just copy Framebuffer part to my config with MacPro1,1 SMBIOS it doesn't work. That's why I thought that SMBIOS matters and I have to do frame buffer patching from scratch, and I wasn't very successful with that :D

Thank you @H0merSimps0n

My displays are both Dell FullHD 1920x1080 60 Hz. One is connected via HDMI cable and other with miniDP to DP cable. If I connect only one, everything is all right. If I connect both before booting, only HDMI one works. If I connect only one, and then second one after booting (no matter which one), I get green lines and picture is all artefacted.

I tried with @Amateur85 EFI with Macmini8,1 SMBIOS and my dual display setup works as it should, but if I try to just copy Framebuffer part to my config with MacPro1,1 SMBIOS it doesn't work. That's why I thought that SMBIOS matters and I have to do frame buffer patching from scratch, and I wasn't very successful with that :D
Welcome!

interesting insight with the sleep/wake thing. I decided not to care about it, due to low energy use at idle anyway.

I suspect you’re right on the patching, might be correlation with the SMbios. As long as one of the displays works you can try changing the bus id etc and see what works by trial and error. Just be sure to not mess with the working monitor and the patch supporting that.https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/gpu-patching/intel-patching/busid.html#mapping-the-video-ports

on a side note, my own patch doesn’t work for me mdp to dp doesn’t work for my display, only hdmi. Good to see it works for you.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.

I have been watching this thread for a very long time but I have just registered to reply. I`m using iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS as this fixes problems with sleep (acceleration doesn't stop after wakeup). My EFI is frankensteined of everything from here, and I added some of my own parts in config with Custom memory and things like that. Im using Broadcom CS2 wifi and that also works as it should.

Only problem I have is with multiple monitors, I need to properly patch frame buffer for iMacPro. I will be sharing my config later. Thank you so much and I really appreciate everyones effort from this thread.
Nice work!
I replaced the config.plist file with yours, but it can not sleep. Can you share your whole EFI? thanks

Nice work!
I replaced the config.plist file with yours, but it can not sleep. Can you share your whole EFI? thanks
Here is my latest try, I hope it will work for you. Still problems with Framebuffer patching. Everything else works (Even airdrop, microphone and headphones via 3.5 mm, sleep, ethernet ...), at least I didn't find other problems.

Also if I check current booted OpenCore it says REL-065-2021-01-04 even though I replaced OpenCore.efi, BOOTx64.efi and OpenRuntime.efi with latest 0.6.7

Attachments

• EFI-noserials.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
Does anyone has updated OC 0.6.9? After updated, my S200 stuck on the OS selector screen, usb not work, and OC can not auto boot into OS.

Last edited:
I tried it as well, same issue. Seems to be completely stuck and not just not working keyboard. I reverted to 0.6.7 and latest Kexts. Not updated to 11.3.1 but will do that soon.

I tried it as well, same issue. Seems to be completely stuck and not just not working keyboard. I reverted to 0.6.7 and latest Kexts. Not updated to 11.3.1 but will do that soon.
I have updated to 11.3.1 with OC 0.6.7.

Yes i change it but always the same error !
maybe i will create a new USB boot and try again.

Yes i know that eglobal will never send me the unlocked BIOS. i will end up by hacking the BIOS :lol: i have an CH341A for that : Flashing BIOS
I know the post is quite old but have you had any luck with the S210H ?
A friend of mine bought it (thinking it was a S200) and he is stuck.
Using my working (S200) EFI boots the installer, first phase of install goes smooth but later on it reboots straight to Windows.

Anyone had luck (or the skill I lack!) to get the S210 to work?
I opened it and, apparently, apart from a daughterboard for 2xUSB and 2nd ethernet, the inside looks really similar to the S200 (just DP instead of miniDP port).
Any clue will be welcome!

Back