Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

looks like need to set RebuildAppleMemoryMap = False, otherwise, the system stuck at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]
With that setting on enabled mine does boot, but will try to disable that one. Thanks.

I have no experience with multiboot systems, since i only use macOS. So when you boot from usb, can you see the other OS’ on your system in the opencore menu? First clue would be Google on dortania opencore and multiboot

GL and a happy new year
Done some more homework... It seems a opencore bug/incompatibility with (at least) this specific NVME Samsung ssd.
I installed another SSD in the bottom slot (it's another Samsung [PM871 SATA not NVME]).
I copied the EFI folder to the EFI partition and it worked (I even booted from NVME Big Sur partition....)
Take a look at enclosed screenshots.
SATA PM871.pngNVME PM951.png
Time for an opencore bug report ---
edit: Tried to mount the NVME ssd in bottom slot, same problem.
windows and mint are bootable (opencore option in UEFI setup or F7 menu is not appearing).
I believe it's a generic Opencore issue with some NVME disks.

About your question:
when I boot Opencore from USB, or SATA, I see only windows as alien OS (I still have not configured Linux as "CustomOS") BUT from the F7 menu I can choose the other refi boot loader installed in the same EFI partition.
Therefore is not a matter of malformed EFI folder structure but a plain OpenCore issue.

Last edited:
Done some more homework... It seems a opencore bug/incompatibility with (at least) this specific NVME Samsung ssd.
I installed another SSD in the bottom slot (it's another Samsung [PM871 SATA not NVME]).
I copied the EFI folder to the EFI partition and it worked (I even booted from NVME Big Sur partition....)
Take a look at enclosed screenshots.
View attachment 503401View attachment 503389
Time for an opencore bug report ---
edit: Tried to mount the NVME ssd in bottom slot, same problem.
windows and mint are bootable (opencore option in UEFI setup or F7 menu is not appearing).
I believe it's a generic Opencore issue with some NVME disks.

About your question:
when I boot Opencore from USB, or SATA, I see only windows as alien OS (I still have not configured Linux as "CustomOS") BUT from the F7 menu I can choose the other refi boot loader installed in the same EFI partition.
Therefore is not a matter of malformed EFI folder structure but a plain OpenCore issue.
Thanks for sharing. Yeah that’s the reason that I did choose for an Adata Ssd over the Samsung 970 EVO whicht also seemed to have a lot of troubles with previous firmware.

As amateur85 said, NVMe is clearly a problem for Opencore, at least right now. NVMeFix.kext do not work for me (NVMe Samsung 970 Evo Plus). So the « old » Clover bootloader v. 5103 or min for Catalina installation stay the only solution for me.
By the way, if someone know if it’s possible to update from Catalina to Big Sur only with Update software... Happy New Year !!!

Hi folks,

will post quick update from my S200.

I have my device for almost 2 years now and it's time that this change from a daily construction site to a daily driver.

I upgraded to full disk space:
- Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB with Sabrent Cooler
- Samsung 970 Evo+ 1TB with EK Water Blocks Cooler
- SanDisk SSD+ 2TB

If look to my config.plist you will see i use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. This was the first SMBIOS i try after reading this post from thexsenator. After trying many others coming back to this, because of the sleep/wake issue i have reported by flapy here. For me sleep/wake is working, maybe the missing Intel ME is not necessary for iMacPro1,1 because this is xeon based mac. I don't know. But i still found problems with sleep/wake and think they are also related to multi-display setup. So far i only use one monitor on mini-displayport.

Best regards

Edit:
Update to 11.2, all well done.
For all who want to change from Clover to OpenCore, here is a good starting point
https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Attachments

• EFI_HYSTOU-S200.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 76
  • benchmark.png
    benchmark.png
    671.6 KB · Views: 101
  • bios1.jpg
    bios1.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 102
  • bios2.jpg
    bios2.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 82
  • down.jpg
    down.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 77
  • up.jpg
    up.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 79
  • update.png
    update.png
    140.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
As i see more & more people use Opencore, if someone could post screens of BIOS settings and maybe a quick tutorial, i use old clover bootloader with Catalina & want to switch to Big Sur, i've tried to use Amateur85's EFI with my own settings but boot always fail... But i use an nvme SSD from samsung and i think nvme & OC don't mix well...

@Amateur85
can you share your BIOS seetings, I also encounter the boot failure using your EFI, sometimes
stuck at apfs_module_start:1689
sometimes system will auto restart when hit on acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5

As i see more & more people use Opencore, if someone could post screens of BIOS settings and maybe a quick tutorial, i use old clover bootloader with Catalina & want to switch to Big Sur, i've tried to use Amateur85's EFI with my own settings but boot always fail... But i use an nvme SSD from samsung and i think nvme & OC don't mix well...
Did you change csm setting in bios? Opposed to clover this setting needs to be changed. Check the dortania oc guide for laptop. That is what I did. Main things are: csm setting, fast boot disabled. Will share when I am on my s200. With firmware update the 970 evo should work! The PM981 has issues, what type do you have?

@Amateur85
can you share your BIOS seetings, I also encounter the boot failure using your EFI, sometimes
stuck at apfs_module_start:1689
sometimes system will auto restart when hit on acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5
Will do when I have time. Can you post verbose screen? Looks like Nvme thing, but not sure.

Did you change csm setting in bios? Opposed to clover this setting needs to be changed. Check the dortania oc guide for laptop. That is what I did. Main things are: csm setting, fast boot disabled. Will share when I am on my s200. With firmware update the 970 evo should work! The PM981 has issues, what type do you have?
CSM is disable, i follow OC Laptop from Dortania, last firmware for Samsung 970 evo plus = ok (Catalina worked on with old Clover bootloader). My config is very simple, only one SSD Nvme, no wifi, no bt, ethernet realtek 8111, intel HD630 graphics, one screen plug on HDMI, really basic... OC make me crazy, really :)

Back