Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

@H0merSimps0n

Here you go. I'm attaching my whole EFI folder. For config.plist, please add you own PlatformInfo, if you ever want to use it. I've yet have to go through the config and make it better, like USB devices and etc. But right now it works for me. My dual 4k monitors come working after reboot, sleep and resume by bluetooth keyboard hit. The bluetooth keyboard (iClever) itself works just fine (Of course does not work in bios and OC menu, which is by design). My UVC camera works also. iCloud/FaceTime/Messages work. Sometimes I encountered the whole OS hang and it turns out it is the iTerm is the culprit. After updating it to a new version, I've not seen such a behavior yet.

Attachments

• OC-Shared.zip
    13.2 MB · Views: 171
Follow up to the OC switch. Today, just out of curiosity run the GB5 and saw the unusual low scores for both single core and multi core. Remembered, I've got the DSDT's from Amateurs85's EFI, so decided to change one, mainly, SSDT-PLUG to the prebuilt Dortania SSDT. Find out the ST score become on par with my CLOVER one. But MT score is still low with compare to CLOVER. Will investigate further what can be done...

Follow up to the OC switch. Today, just out of curiosity run the GB5 and saw the unusual low scores for both single core and multi core. Remembered, I've got the DSDT's from Amateurs85's EFI, so decided to change one, mainly, SSDT-PLUG to the prebuilt Dortania SSDT. Find out the ST score become on par with my CLOVER one. But MT score is still low with compare to CLOVER. Will investigate further what can be done...
What GB5 scores do you get? I have around 1150 single and 5250 MT normally.

What GB5 scores do you get? I have around 1150 single and 5250 MT normally.
OC Right now:
ST -1066
MT - 3845

OC Before:
ST - 9xx
MT - 37xx

CLOVER:
ST - 1084
MT - 40xx

xx - don't remember. ;)

Slightly off-topic, but below is my GB5 scores on Ubuntu 20.04

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2020-11-11 09-25-06.png
    Screenshot from 2020-11-11 09-25-06.png
    59.9 KB · Views: 57
One more thing: :)

After switching to OC, I've to hit my bluetooth keyboard two times now, instead of one time before. My bluetooth keyboard is not an Apple one.

One more thing: :)

After switching to OC, I've to hit my bluetooth keyboard two times now, instead of one time before. My bluetooth keyboard is not an Apple one.

Check if the "usbwakefixup" kext fixes this problem

OC Right now:
ST -1066
MT - 3845

OC Before:
ST - 9xx
MT - 37xx

CLOVER:
ST - 1084
MT - 40xx

xx - don't remember. ;)
I had previously published my scores, (see image below) when I had received back my miniPC after 6 months of it being repaired under the guarantee. I set it up again, afresh, this time with Opencore, and building on the work of the community here.

I ran Geekbench today again, and though my single-core score was slightly lower (always room for margins) the multi-core was still above 5100. I hope this info helps.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 13.41.33.png
    Screenshot 2020-09-02 at 13.41.33.png
    409.1 KB · Views: 42
Check if the "usbwakefixup" kext fixes this problem
Thank you for your tip, I've tried Dortania Guide recommendations with keyboard wakeup. Unfortunately it didn't help. :(

Back