Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

I never tried it. The problem with these configurators is that you dive less deep into your system and learn less. Part of the fun is also the period where you have to tackle all the problems and frustrations ;)
The are some lazy asses there

Recently I buy a 4k monitor with dp, which works well in Windows with S200. However, When I switch to MacOS10.15.7 , the screen is black After boot while the old HDMI monitor display well.

My boot loader is Clover and I also have Windows in the same SSD. Could I use both 1080p and 4k monitor with Clover ?
I will upload my config file tomorrow.

Please

Did someone Updated to OC 0.6.2 ? If someone could share his own EFI (S200) plz to verify some things, thx :)

Last edited:
Here is my latest Clover config, if you are going to use it, change it, etc...pay an attention to the boot args, namely to the param agpmod=vit9696. Without this param the config does not work.

The only thing I couldn't get is making my mDP port the primary display and HDMI port the secondary one.
Tried to change connector, but couldn't get the dual monitors working. Dunno if this is possible. As I've told earlier,
I run dual boot, the second OS is Ubuntu 20.04. And on Ubuntu this setup works great.

BTW, I've changed my SMBIOS to the macmini8,1.

Another note, my HDMI port works only as 4K30Hz, if I change to the 4K60Hz there is no output from the port, monitor goes blank. I've got DP on both monitors, I could connect my Dell to the HDMI port and make it as the primary monitor, but in this case it will run at 4k30Hz, which I don't want for this beautiful beast. ;)

The config has no SMBIOS and SystemParameters data, please add yours.
Hello! Recently I buy a DIY 4k monitor with only one DP port and works well with S200 in Windows. However, When I change to MacOS 10.15.5 or 10.15.7 in Clover boot , MACOS didn't detect DP monitor. I change my SMBIOS to macmini8,1. In hackintools, It can detect my new 4k monitor but the both screens are black. I replug the HDMI cable then the HDMI monitor work well.
Did I set Bus ID correctly?
1603004295520.png

1603004332661.png

1603004435623.png

Hello! Recently I buy a DIY 4k monitor with only one DP port and works well with S200 in Windows. However, When I change to MacOS 10.15.5 or 10.15.7 in Clover boot , MACOS didn't detect DP monitor. I change my SMBIOS to macmini8,1. In hackintools, It can detect my new 4k monitor but the both screens are black. I replug the HDMI cable then the HDMI monitor work well.
Did I set Bus ID correctly?
Here goes my setup:
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 14.12.37.png

As you can see above, mine differs from yours.
I really don't know if it helps, since it seems your PC is a little different than mine. And I hope, you did set the same boot arguments as in my config.

And here go my displays:
Screen Shot 2020-10-18 at 14.15.17.png

Here goes my setup:
View attachment 492214

As you can see above, mine differs from yours.
I really don't know if it helps, since it seems your PC is a little different than mine. And I hope, you did set the same boot arguments as in my config.

And here go my displays:
View attachment 492215
Thank you for your kindly reply. I had tried your config.plist but my 4k monitor still black and my HDMI monitor is blurred. I will try change other settings.

Many thanks to everyone for all the sharing here.
New to the conversation. I love my S200 and Ho! so silent yet capable fan.
Did anyone ever recommend using a Unebootin USB version of linux to fix some issues. I often notice that it fixes problems to boot ubuntu in trial mode (without install of course). Display issues, sound issues, bluetooth, etc end up being fixed. Warmly recommended in your toolbox if you ever are in a rush to boot.

Today, after applying the new Catalina update decided to go with OpenCore. I've had already kinda working OC config with a iCloud problem, but this time installed the latest OC release 0.6.3 and solved the iCloud. For this signed out from iCloud/Messages/Facetime and added my ethernet controller into OC config. After making sure it works with USB disk, went to switch from Clover to OC on hard disk (NVMe).
Now it works with OC as it was with Clover. Ubuntu partition had to add into Misc->Bless>Entries.

Hi @shumbola , nice to read that you have success with OC. Can you please share your current config.plist from OC, i need same inspiration to fine tune my S200.

Thanks in advance.

Back