Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Hello,

I just finished the EFI following the dortania tutorial with manual ACPI (I used a dump of my firmware as a working base).
I tested with debug => get Error, i used your ACPI (S200) => get Error, the dortania (Pre-Built)=> get Error.

i tried to figure out by myself but i'm still a newbie in the hackintosh.

Please find attached the debug and my EFI for the S210 (manuel ACPI)

This remains a thorny question of the limited BIOS options ! i dont know if my EHCI/XHCI Hand-off is enable or disable ! i sent a message to the chinese factory to ask them an updated version of the BIOS but they told me that's risky and i will loose the garantie...

I would advise people to stay a way of the S210 model if they want to buid an hackintoch machine

Hi Jlaart,

I am a bit confused, I see you refer to Shumbola's EFI (he uses Clover), but the EFI you posted is the one I created based on Opencore. The errorlog is useless, providing no information. Try using the following boot-args: -v keepsyms=1 and debug=0x100. Make a screen shot on the output in Verbose mode to provide any clues.

A wild guess: you are using my patched SSDT-EC-USBX which is based on the S200, but might be different than S210. Not sure about that. So you could try and use the pre-built version with all possibilities in it to get it working. Will slow boot time a bit, but will possibly boot.

Another point is that you didn't post all BIOS settings, did you disable VT-d? I would disable quiet boot as well. Can you share a screen of the H/W performance settings in bios menu?

Good luck.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 76
  • EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 79
Hello,

I just finished the EFI following the dortania tutorial with manual ACPI (I used a dump of my firmware as a working base).
I tested with debug => get Error, i used your ACPI (S200) => get Error, the dortania (Pre-Built)=> get Error.

i tried to figure out by myself but i'm still a newbie in the hackintosh.

Please find attached the debug and my EFI for the S210 (manuel ACPI)

This remains a thorny question of the limited BIOS options ! i dont know if my EHCI/XHCI Hand-off is enable or disable ! i sent a message to the chinese factory to ask them an updated version of the BIOS but they told me that's risky and i will loose the garantie...

I would advise people to stay a way of the S210 model if they want to buid an hackintoch machine
Your EFI/BOOT folder is messed up.
BOOTx64.efi is 33kb instead of 9kb.
Assuming you try using OpenCore 0.59

Hello,

not yet spent many time but not not succeed :banghead:
i'm waiting for eglobal central to send me the unclok BIOS for S210 :rolleyes:
Hello,
Dont bet on the unlock bios from eglobal... However did you replace the bootx64.efi with the correct one in your boot folder? Because otherwise you efi folder looks ok.

Yes i change it but always the same error !
maybe i will create a new USB boot and try again.

Yes i know that eglobal will never send me the unlocked BIOS. i will end up by hacking the BIOS :lol: i have an CH341A for that : Flashing BIOS

Hello,
Dont bet on the unlock bios from eglobal... However did you replace the bootx64.efi with the correct one in your boot folder? Because otherwise you efi folder looks ok.

Yes i change it but always the same error !
maybe i will create a new USB boot and try again.

Yes i know that eglobal will never send me the unlocked BIOS. i will end up by hacking the BIOS :lol: i have an CH341A for that : Flashing BIOS
I strongly advise you asking a bios guru at https://www.bios-mods.com/ to unlock the bios for you. If you have an CH341A i strongly advise you to backup your current bios it will be needed also for the bios guru at bios-mods.com

Since last update, wire internet crash randomly, need to unplug/plug cable.

Since last update, wire internet crash randomly, need to unplug/plug cable.
I had this problem since day 1, never could find a permanent fix... i bet if you look at your log, you will find "interrupt lost, resetting chipset..." errors.

Back