Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Do you have 2x lan port or 1x lan port? Mini DP or DP connector?
I only have one monitor that support miniDP and HDMI. This machine also have mDP and HDMI port.

Hi all,

I made some tweaks to the system, cleaned the SSDT PLUG and added CPU friend and CPUfriendfriend to improve power management. Now low frequency is set to 800mhz instead of 1,2 ghz which was always de low end. You know probably what to do to get it working (smbios, serials, maybe USB port kext replacement).

Good luck.
Thanks for sharing, the new EFI supports a miniDP for 4K and an HDMI for 2K monitors.

But using Chrome to watch Youtube videos with too much CPU usage causes Chrome to stutter.

Thanks for sharing, the new EFI supports a miniDP for 4K and an HDMI for 2K monitors.

But using Chrome to watch Youtube videos with too much CPU usage causes Chrome to stutter.
I did not notice that issue. I used the framebuffer adjustments to support 2048vram, so maybe changing back to the normal stolenmem setting and delete unifiedmem will help.

I did not notice that issue. I used the framebuffer adjustments to support 2048vram, so maybe changing back to the normal stolenmem setting and delete unifiedmem will help.
I used multitasking to test all the CPU usage and found that the cause of the stuttering was unreasonable CPU calls, and using this EFI, the fans don't even spin when the CPU is 100% occupied, causing some tasks to stutter in processing.

Ok, guys/gals ;)
I've got my LG 4K 27" working now, so I have two 4k monitors that can be connected to my Nuc ;)

Who is using miniDP+HDMI combo and ready to share with me? ;)
Thanks.

Good news, I've got the 2 4k monitor setup working! Had to use 0x3E920000 as a platform-id instead of 3E9B0007 usually recommended for CFL processors. Since our CPU is mobile one, 0x3E920000 is more appropriate.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 05.54.35.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 05.54.35.png
    155 KB · Views: 64
Here is my latest Clover config, if you are going to use it, change it, etc...pay an attention to the boot args, namely to the param agpmod=vit9696. Without this param the config does not work.

The only thing I couldn't get is making my mDP port the primary display and HDMI port the secondary one.
Tried to change connector, but couldn't get the dual monitors working. Dunno if this is possible. As I've told earlier,
I run dual boot, the second OS is Ubuntu 20.04. And on Ubuntu this setup works great.

BTW, I've changed my SMBIOS to the macmini8,1.

Another note, my HDMI port works only as 4K30Hz, if I change to the 4K60Hz there is no output from the port, monitor goes blank. I've got DP on both monitors, I could connect my Dell to the HDMI port and make it as the primary monitor, but in this case it will run at 4k30Hz, which I don't want for this beautiful beast. ;)

The config has no SMBIOS and SystemParameters data, please add yours.

Attachments

• config-s200.plist
    7 KB · Views: 103
The only thing I couldn't get is making my mDP port the primary display and HDMI port the secondary one.
Stupid me, didn't pay an attention an info in Arrangement tab. Had to just relocate the menu bar, and voila my Dell becomes a primary display ;)

Good news, I've got the 2 4k monitor setup working! Had to use 0x3E920000 as a platform-id instead of 3E9B0007 usually recommended for CFL processors. Since our CPU is mobile one, 0x3E920000 is more appropriate.
Hi! Could your mDP support 4k@60Hz with 10 bit color?

Back