Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

After some Days on 10.15.5 it makes me feel that the system is a little bit slower especially the loading time for Tombraider is nearly twice and sometimes the system lost the gigabit lan connection in the middle of heavy traffic and will not reconnect without a restart.
So i wait for a ngff adapter and a Sapphire 4GB RX560 and will change to external Graphics.
I think if this works, i make a rollback to the 10.15.4 efi and do not use the internal UHD630 any more.
Hopefully my new untested BT820 Dongle will work for Mouse and Keyboard, because it is the only one with bluetooth support without an active os. And yes, in 10.15.5 apple must change something with bluetooth. My mouse and keyboard are not willing to do there job until i delete both from the settings and make a search and new connection.

After some Days on 10.15.5 it makes me feel that the system is a little bit slower especially the loading time for Tombraider is nearly twice and sometimes the system lost the gigabit lan connection in the middle of heavy traffic and will not reconnect without a restart.
So i wait for a ngff adapter and a Sapphire 4GB RX560 and will change to external Graphics.
I think if this works, i make a rollback to the 10.15.4 efi and do not use the internal UHD630 any more.
Hopefully my new untested BT820 Dongle will work for Mouse and Keyboard, because it is the only one with bluetooth support without an active os. And yes, in 10.15.5 apple must change something with bluetooth. My mouse and keyboard are not willing to do there job until i delete both from the settings and make a search and new connection.

I'm not having that experience, geekbench 5 scores are similar to previous versions of Catalina.
Schermafbeelding 2020-06-16 om 11.07.38.png

Hi Guys,

As promised, I hereby share my new OC 0.5.9 EFI. I made some changes to it, first of all I removed the H_EC to EC rename and used the SSDT for it (SSDT-EC-USBX-Laptop). This a more best practise approach and I believe it helps with a dual boot system (I don't dual boot, but anyway). I furthermore changed drivers to the recommended ones. I also made the necessary changes to the plist based on the latest OC 0.5.9 recommendations.

For those who want to try out this EFI: fill in your own serials, be sure to create serials which match the macmini8,1 smbios, UUID and ROM (NIC Mac adress without the :'s). Using Imac19.1 serials or other will not work, or change the productname to imac19.1 (which I do not use, so cannot assess what effect there will be if you use another SMbios). Second thing to note is that I do not know whether my USBports kext will work on your system. If it doesn't boot or USB doesnt work properly, then you should remove the USBports kexts from the kernel section of the plist (also from the kexts folder). You should add the SSDT-UIAC.aml (see ZIP file) to the ACPI>add section and download and add the USBinjectall kext to the kexts list and don't forget to fill in the USBinjectall kext in the kernel>add part of the plist. Once booted you can create your own USBports kext with hackintool.

Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI S200.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 106
Hi Guys,

As promised, I hereby share my new OC 0.5.9 EFI. I made some changes to it, first of all I removed the H_EC to EC rename and used the SSDT for it (SSDT-EC-USBX-Laptop). This a more best practise approach and I believe it helps with a dual boot system (I don't dual boot, but anyway). I furthermore changed drivers to the recommended ones. I also made the necessary changes to the plist based on the latest OC 0.5.9 recommendations.

For those who want to try out this EFI: fill in your own serials, be sure to create serials which match the macmini8,1 smbios, UUID and ROM (NIC Mac adress without the :'s). Using Imac19.1 serials or other will not work, or change the productname to imac19.1 (which I do not use, so cannot assess what effect there will be if you use another SMbios). Second thing to note is that I do not know whether my USBports kext will work on your system. If it doesn't boot or USB doesnt work properly, then you should remove the USBports kexts from the kernel section of the plist (also from the kexts folder). You should add the SSDT-UIAC.aml (see ZIP file) to the ACPI>add section and download and add the USBinjectall kext to the kexts list and don't forget to fill in the USBinjectall kext in the kernel>add part of the plist. Once booted you can create your own USBports kext with hackintool.

Good luck!
Thank you very much i’ll try this WE. Work with MacOS Catalina 15.5.5 ?

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

Good luck!
Thanks for your sharing.I modify the Framebuffer config. Now it can work on my 4K monitor. Both mDP and HDMI can work very well. Thank you very much.
It is strange that HDMI can also output 4K@60hz.
Snipaste_2020-06-17_13-09-10.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your sharing.I modify the Framebuffer config. Now it can work on my 4K monitor. Both mDP and HDMI can work very well. Thank you very much.
View attachment 476652
Great, I tried your config and I see that the ram changed to 2048mb instead of 1532mb. Any reason that this is better? For some reason my monitor doesn't take my or your mDP configuration, so I cannot check whether it works. I have a 2k monitor.

Great, I tried your config and I see that the ram changed to 2048mb instead of 1532mb. Any reason that this is better? For some reason my monitor doesn't take my or your mDP configuration, so I cannot check whether it works. I have a 2k monitor.
Your config only output 2k@60hz signal. I increase the value of Framebuffer-fbmem and framebuffer-stolenmem, and add framebuffer-unifiedmem. All of these are set the ram of graphics to support 4k monitor. 1532mb and 2048mb is nothing different in normal use I think.

First, Intel specs uhd 630 at hdmi 4k@30
Second, hdmi 1.4 which we have on board can do only 4k@30
How come you get 4k@60?

Back