Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

maybe you could roll back two Kexts of video or change AAPL,ig-platform-id to 00009B3E to fix it
ref:https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/t...a-z370n-wifi-i7-8700k-uhd-630-catalina-10155/

Replace AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext in /S/L/E with 10.15.4 AppleIntelCFLGraphicsFramebuffer.kext

1. sudo spctl --master-disable
  2. sudo mount -uw /
  3. sudo killall Finder

Replace the kext
  4. sudo chown -v -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions
  5. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
  6. sudo chmod -v -R 755 /Library/Extensions
  7. sudo chown -v -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions
  8. sudo touch /Library/Extensions
  9. sudo kextcache -i /
I have it already covered, seemed that my current hdmi cable /connector is rather weak. I had a lot of glitches on my config, thought it was the framebuffer issue so spend some time on it to discover later on that it is the cable or connector on it...:( So I have made a new framebuffer patch and now on a new platform ID with working acceleration. For those interested see my latest patch work attached to this post. Next stop, 10.15.5 and OC upgrade :)
Schermafbeelding 2020-06-11 om 15.10.36.png

update:
I'm now on 10.15.5, no strange behavior simple upgrade (once you have the right! framebuffer ;))
Schermafbeelding 2020-06-11 om 16.04.48.png

Last edited:
I have it already covered, seemed that my current hdmi cable /connector is rather weak. I had a lot of glitches on my config, thought it was the framebuffer issue so spend some time on it to discover later on that it is the cable or connector on it...:( So I have made a new framebuffer patch and now on a new platform ID with working acceleration. For those interested see my latest patch work attached to this post. Next stop, 10.15.5 and OC upgrade :)View attachment 475422

update:
I'm now on 10.15.5, no strange behavior simple upgrade (once you have the right! framebuffer ;))View attachment 475431
Glad everything worked out for you

I have it already covered, seemed that my current hdmi cable /connector is rather weak. I had a lot of glitches on my config, thought it was the framebuffer issue so spend some time on it to discover later on that it is the cable or connector on it...:( So I have made a new framebuffer patch and now on a new platform ID with working acceleration. For those interested see my latest patch work attached to this post. Next stop, 10.15.5 and OC upgrade :)View attachment 475422

update:
I'm now on 10.15.5, no strange behavior simple upgrade (once you have the right! framebuffer ;))View attachment 475431
your framebuffer patch is work for me too. mDP and HDMI can work, but the resolution is only up to 2K.

update:
Thank you 1000times and more :) Now on Catalina 10.15.5 :)

your framebuffer patch is work for me too. mDP and HDMI can work, but the resolution is only up to 2K.
Great! Maybe uhd doesn’t support 4k@60? You can try at 30fps.

Great! Maybe uhd doesn’t support 4k@60? You can try at 30fps.
AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 07009B3E, mDP work very well, it can work at 4k@60hz, but hdmi not work.

AAPL,ig-platform-id set to 07009B3E, mDP work very well, it can work at 4k@60hz, but hdmi not work.
UHD 630 on HDMI interface supports only 4k@30Hz, probably you are aware of already

Alright, if you have one monitor the mdp will be the better option. HDMI seems to be broken on all indexes for that framebuffer, but you can try different patches and test them. This is the framebuffer I used before, but could not get into 10.15.5 without a black screen via hdmi.

EFI ? :) ! Dude ! This machine make me crazy :headbang:

Back