Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Could someone help me out... I've read through most of this very long thread and I've created an install USB, I've configured what there is of a bios to the right settings. I am using the config file That was posted by Shumbola (4k version), I've included the kexts listed also by Shumbola on page 2 of this thread. I get the apple logo, it progresses to about 55% and then reboots. I can never get to the actual install. Could someone be kind and post what they did to get this installed? I have a EGlobal S200, I7, 16g ram, 256 M2 SSD. The config seems about the same as the rest of the people here but I am Obviously missing something.

Could someone help me out... I've read through most of this very long thread and I've created an install USB, I've configured what there is of a bios to the right settings. I am using the config file That was posted by Shumbola (4k version), I've included the kexts listed also by Shumbola on page 2 of this thread. I get the apple logo, it progresses to about 55% and then reboots. I can never get to the actual install. Could someone be kind and post what they did to get this installed? I have a EGlobal S200, I7, 16g ram, 256 M2 SSD. The config seems about the same as the rest of the people here but I am Obviously missing something.

First, i'm also a vanilla to all this, but there are some more questions to ask. Bios Version and cpu as an example.
my start was like yours, and now it is the same. For me it looks like, that there are different Versions with complete different behavior. I tried a lot and only one efi work for me. you can find it a little bit back. Now there is no way, to bring it to catalina 10.15.5 >Beta3 :( . not with the efi from Shumbola and not with the OC Version from Amateur85.

Like i say, i'm a vanilla, but it looks for me that there are different S200 with different behavior in usb and ssd(NVME).
If i start with the Vorke V8 Howto, it looks like that somewhere in the installation the usb-connection was lost. later i had massive problems with NVME and it was not only one brand. i tryed a 970 from samsung a ssd from wd a asgard ssd and always without progress. than i find the efi form tnjens (Efi 2.zip 26.04.) and the installation was easy. But like i say, if you want to test it, you need a older Version of catalina because with 10.15.5 you become a black screen with hdmi and/or DP if you use the UHD630.

i tryed a lot the last days, but without luck. The efi from Shumbola was not bad for me, but it stops in the middle of nvme activation if i understand the srcreen output right. i only had one time luck with some settings for the UHD but this will disable the UHD to VGA mode. Any other try ends in a running system with black screens.

So i'm back to 10.15.3 because that's the only installation files that i have before 10.15.5.

Guys,

I feel your pain, this was exactly when I started to install macos on my s200. Bear in mind, I've installed Mojave with consequent updating to newer versions. My EFI may or may not work with newest Catalina install. But it works once it installed and upgraded.
If I had a spare SSD I could try to install from scratch, but I've no one and it is my main devel pc at home.
Sorry. :(

Guys,

I feel your pain, this was exactly when I started to install macos on my s200. Bear in mind, I've installed Mojave with consequent updating to newer versions. My EFI may or may not work with newest Catalina install. But it works once it installed and upgraded.
If I had a spare SSD I could try to install from scratch, but I've no one and it is my main devel pc at home.
Sorry. :(

For me, it is no pain ;-) it is a game. For work i have no chance, so i must use a terrible Dell Notebook. For normal i use a 2018 MacBook Pro and then there is also for my "wife" and her son 2x Vorke NB with the latest Catalina update. And yes it was not so easy to install OSX on the first S200 with i7-8850h 1x 1GB Samsung NVME 970, 1x 1GB NVME Asgard and a Samsung 860 2gb SSDs and 32GB RAM. But that was no reason, not to buy a second one with i5-9300 CPU. And both run now with the efi from tnjens and Catalina 10.15.3 . The only thing that i want to have from 10.15.5 is the solving for the problems with big Filetransfers to NAS-Storage.

I'm on my way with OSX now for 2 years and yes it is a lot faster then Windows. But if someone says only MS delivers very bad updates , that is not true. Apple can do this to :)

After the problems with the update to 10.15.5 Beta 4, Carbon Copy Cloner is my best friend and the first update will ever be on an usb-hdd with a 1:1 image. So i play a lot with efi's from all sources or with settings and kexts.

Hopefully there will be a time, that i can give some of your phantastic work back with own solutions ...

First, i'm also a vanilla to all this, but there are some more questions to ask. Bios Version and cpu as an example.
my start was like yours, and now it is the same. For me it looks like, that there are different Versions with complete different behavior. I tried a lot and only one efi work for me. you can find it a little bit back. Now there is no way, to bring it to catalina 10.15.5 >Beta3 :( . not with the efi from Shumbola and not with the OC Version from Amateur85.

Like i say, i'm a vanilla, but it looks for me that there are different S200 with different behavior in usb and ssd(NVME).
If i start with the Vorke V8 Howto, it looks like that somewhere in the installation the usb-connection was lost. later i had massive problems with NVME and it was not only one brand. i tryed a 970 from samsung a ssd from wd a asgard ssd and always without progress. than i find the efi form tnjens (Efi 2.zip 26.04.) and the installation was easy. But like i say, if you want to test it, you need a older Version of catalina because with 10.15.5 you become a black screen with hdmi and/or DP if you use the UHD630.

i tryed a lot the last days, but without luck. The efi from Shumbola was not bad for me, but it stops in the middle of nvme activation if i understand the srcreen output right. i only had one time luck with some settings for the UHD but this will disable the UHD to VGA mode. Any other try ends in a running system with black screens.

So i'm back to 10.15.3 because that's the only installation files that i have before 10.15.5.
The black screens I also had with updating to 10.15.4 from 10.15.3. In that case I changed my framebuffer patched and the hdmi input worked again. Maybe look at my config some post back and adjust to yours and try?

The black screens I also had with updating to 10.15.4 from 10.15.3. In that case I changed my framebuffer patched and the hdmi input worked again. Maybe look at my config some post back and adjust to yours and try?
The black screens I also had with updating to 10.15.4 from 10.15.3. In that case I re plugged my HDMI CABLE,finally I update weg kext to solve the issue. When updating to 10.15.5,I Fake my ID to kaby lake ID to light my screen.

Hi Guys, do you also experience bluetooth problems lately? I updated all kexts, but my connection is not stable after the update.

The black screens I also had with updating to 10.15.4 from 10.15.3. In that case I re plugged my HDMI CABLE,finally I update weg kext to solve the issue. When updating to 10.15.5,I Fake my ID to kaby lake ID to light my screen.

And after this, your system runs with full graphic acceleration or with vga mode? If you open the system overview you have more then 8mb Ram for the UHD630?

Hi Guys, do you also experience bluetooth problems lately? I updated all kexts, but my connection is not stable after the update.

If i start the system with 10.15.5 then it searchs every time the magic keyboard so i think bluetooth is a little bit slow. But because i can not run with full UHD630 support i run it only for a short time and in this time Keyboard and Mouse works without problems. With 10.15.4 i have not such behavior and the card that i use runs without any Kext and with Boot-support for Bluetooth so the keyboard runs also without a OS.

Now in the process of updating to 10.15.5, takes a lot of time and a lot of black screen and fan blowing....

Back