Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Hi Guys,

I'm currently booting my machine with Opencore 5.5.0. Fully functional and now on 10.15.3 Catalina. You can use my EFI folder which I have posted before. If you use this one, good to check the current Embedded Controller (mine was under H_EC). As long as yours is also H_EC you can use this config plist with the rename, otherwise google on the opencore vanilla desktop guide.

Booting it is like a real mac, no bootmenu and upgrade from 10.15.0 to 10.15.3 was flawless.

Good luck!

Schermafbeelding 2020-02-27 om 14.40.38.png

Ouh yeah! that's really great to know. I'm debating to build a sff pc or getting this one. The sff is a little bit better in terms of scalability but I don't really know If ever will need it. #lifeishard hahahaha

@Amateur85, I have the same device with you, but the USB keyboard and mouse can not work with your OC.

Ouh yeah! that's really great to know. I'm debating to build a sff pc or getting this one. The sff is a little bit better in terms of scalability but I don't really know If ever will need it. #lifeishard hahahaha
It is...depends on your needs. I don’t game and video edit really once a year. I do use it as daily driver and for editing photos. This little pc rocks these tasks, in benchmarks it is in between the i5 and i7 Mac mini, more toward the i7’s performance actually if you undervolt this cpu.

Last edited:
@Amateur85, I have the same device with you, but the USB keyboard and mouse can not work with your OC.
Do you currently have a usb mapping ssdt in clover? You could replace mine with that one. You could also disable the ssdt-uiac in the config plist, then it ignores the ssdt. You then probably only have usb2 ports, fine for installing. Did you disable CSM in Bios? Maybe that’s the issue.

It is...depends on your needs. I don’t game and video edit really once a year. I do use it as daily driver and for editing photos. This little pc rocks these tasks, in benchmarks it is in between the i5 and i7 Mac mini, more toward the i7’s performance actually if you undervolt this cpu.
I want it for coding tasks and working with emulation and virtual machines. I already usea a laptop with the same cpu and it rocks, but miss Mac OS when I had my Mac Pro

I want it for coding tasks and working with emulation and virtual machines. I already usea a laptop with the same cpu and it rocks, but miss Mac OS when I had my Mac Pro
Ever thought about making a hackintosh from your current laptop?

Ever thought about making a hackintosh from your current laptop?
I tried in the past with Clover, I get a more than acceptable success with a minor things not working(typical as wifi, brightness shortcuts ...) but as my main daily driver I don't want to put it in a danger situation :lol:

well, I ended up finding this thread by searching for text from my clover debug log lines - which took me to @shumbola other post about the long boot times. So after I finally get this guy up and running in high sierra, I find this post with about fixing the boot time by enabling CSM. Better late than never!

well, I ended up finding this thread by searching for text from my clover debug log lines - which took me to @shumbola other post about the long boot times. So after I finally get this guy up and running in high sierra, I find this post with about fixing the boot time by enabling CSM. Better late than never!
Indeed! Remember to disable CSM when switching to Opencore as bootloader.

Back