Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Hi, i have this nuc (i7 8750H. 512 970 evo nvme. 16 gigs crucial ddr4 2400)for tree months, tried all methods i found in web but cant manage to have stable hackintosh.
Sleep dont works, no matter what i try (dsdt, correct usb, plugin type yes/no..) and when make changes in config.plist or
DSDT.aml it breaks wifi card in m2 slot, need to reatach or disconnect for 1 minute and reconnect the power plug (i think there is a problem with the bios, not stable, seems it is like a copy paste bios, and litle retouched from any manufacturer)
I spent a lot triying to get it working but appears no one success (tried all efi etc over here) some problems too on dual screening, depending on SMBIOS config, in youtube there is a video (look "vorke v8 hackintosh") on this exact model with corrected usb kexts if any interested, anyway dont work for me, i tried both with mojave and catalina, always the same problems , very unstable dual booting windows, every time i switch from one to another macos side gets altered,or on some configuration i get no panic after sleep but some apps stop responding (hackintool) or cant enter desktop preferences ,if sleep deactivated it works normally but many problems testing things as i described, so i leave macos on this only win 10 ubuntu 19.10 dualbooting, the usb c is weird too, my dock dont get hdmi out and works as usb2, well thats my experiencie with this model, if anyone have any trick or tip always wellcome, have nice day and bye.

Last edited:
Hey Guys, today I hooked my S200 via DP to a 4K monitor but i couldn't set it to 4K resolution. It only offered up to something like 2600 by x.

Can anyone confirm that 4K is working with this box?

I'm using MacMini 8.1 SMBIOS.

Hey Guys, today I hooked my S200 via DP to a 4K monitor but i couldn't set it to 4K resolution. It only offered up to something like 2600 by x.

I think ii.nferno and Shumbola are using this box with 4k display, so 4k should work. Try switching SMBIOS to iMac 19,2 or iMac 14,2.

Here is screeshot as a proof that 4K should work, however you need a MiniDP to HDMI adapter to get it working.

Attachments

• macmini81-dptohdmi-4k-works.png
    macmini81-dptohdmi-4k-works.png
    12.8 MB · Views: 119
Thanks a ton! I've copied the devices section from your config and now it supports 4k/60Hz via DP. Very nice :D

HDMI still goes black during boot.

Thanks a ton! I've copied the devices section from your config and now it supports 4k/60Hz via DP. Very nice :D

HDMI still goes black during boot.

Cool :) What do you mean HDMI still goes black on boot? With Dual Screen connected during boot or single screen?

Single screen (4K HDR TV). I can see it boot up and when the bar is at ~75% and it usually switches the graphics mode, the TV turns black and gets no signal. Unplugging and plugging in again didn't work either. Didn't try a regular monitor though.

Hmmm, interesting... for me it works the same way except the black screen after 75%, my TV gets the signal ... try another hdmi cable if possible?!

I am thinking of buying this device. It is meant for normal, home usage with 1 FHD monitor (either DP or HDMI). How much does it differ from installing MacOS on normal PC? I read about display problems, are they still existing? Will the installation of Catalina be flawless? If not, tell me what to do (i know basics of hackintoshing).

It's meant for home use, although it can be easily put in a small bag and made mobile.

The specs are very impressive for the size. Tests showed the i7 is best balanced for performance. The i9 version runs hotter and throttles and doesn't delivery much in performance gains for the price increase IMO. Go with the i7 if you're thinking of purchasing.

You can easily run two FHD monitors (HDMI & mini DP), but only 1 monitor at 60Hz and 1 monitor at 30Hz.

The machine is well suited to CPU intensive activities like video editing and audio sequencing. You can fit a lot of SSD in it x2 NVMe M2, x1 SATA 2.5". Looking at the Intel CPU specs online, you'll find they are meant for high end laptops, and as such run relatively cool.

It has no GPU. However, you can run games in lower resolution e.g. GTA5 will work fine at 720p. If you need a GPU you can hook up an external adapter, although the cost of this would near outweigh a proper PC gaming setup.

USB ports are good and include 1 USB-C. It's been said that the only thing missing from the setup is Thunderbolt. Honestly, if you have SSDs with enough capacity you won't miss Thunderbolt too much.

If purchasing, buy the machine without preconfigured RAM and SSD. You'll likely to get subpar Chinese RAM/SSD fitted otherwise. Samsung EVOs run fine if updated with Samsungs firmware upgrade, otherwise they are known to crash MacOS.

Installation is the same as the regular MacOS installation procedure.

I would recommend a separate NVMe for dual booting Windows/Linux/Other. It just keeps everything neat. Create a few smaller partitions on the MacOS NVMe for future OS upgrades (approx 65GB). This will enable you to boot different versions of MacOS (great for testing new versions and reverting back to stable builds) and it will also enable you to share common apps between MacOS versions.

Good luck!

Last edited:
FYI: Updated to the 10.15.2

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 00.43.23.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 00.43.23.png
    426.6 KB · Views: 90
Back