Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Updated to 10.14 Supplemental Update v2. No issues are found so far.
Only one annoying thing with updates is that two reboots each takes more than half an hour. No idea what causes this, but update process takes too much time. After update it boots fast and works fast, as usual.
My NVMe disk has APFS partition and split into two, I've got Ubuntu besides Mac OS. Some day will try without Ubuntu, hopefully.

Hi @shumbola , I'm running 10.14.6 with no issues, except for a graphic glitch on the mouse cursor.

I have MacOS booting on a WD SN750 500GB SSD and I updated the firmware on the Samsung Evo 970 plus 1TB to boot Windows 10 Pro with a 500GB partition APFS.

I didn't use your config in the end.

Sound working fine and all usb ports enabled. Looks great on a 4K OLED.

I also have a wifi dongle working successfully with the drivers.

Hi @shumbola , I'm running 10.14.6 with no issues, except for a graphic glitch on the mouse cursor.

I have MacOS booting on a WD SN750 500GB SSD and I updated the firmware on the Samsung Evo 970 plus 1TB to boot Windows 10 Pro with a 500GB partition APFS.

I didn't use your config in the end.

Sound working fine and all usb ports enabled. Looks great on a 4K OLED.

I also have a wifi dongle working successfully with the drivers.
And can I see your config, please?
I'm not sure what could be different on your config, but you did something wrong on graphics side if you have "graphic glitch on the mouse".

I'm almost sure my slow update problem is something to do with my NVMe disk (drivers). After update it works like a charm. Since updates are rare, I can live over it.

And I don't understand your "all usb ports enabled", since I've no single problem with USB.

And can I see your config, please?
I'm not sure what could be different on your config, but you did something wrong on graphics side if you have "graphic glitch on the mouse".

I'm almost sure my slow update problem is something to do with my NVMe disk (drivers). After update it works like a charm. Since updates are rare, I can live over it.

And I don't understand your "all usb ports enabled", since I've no single problem with USB.

Actually, I was having graphics issues with the Intel injected graphics. The machine was slow and I had numerous graphical glitches when transitioning from desktop to interacting with elements in the web browser. Possibly WebGL issue.

Once I removed the inject Intel graphics to run on the native 630, the machine speed up and all issues resolved themselves, although the cursor issue was there. Happens randomly and doesn't affect anything. P4 issue :)

Try removing the Intel graphics from your config.

On USB, not all of my USB ports were recognising newer usb 3.0 pen drives. The drive wouldn't show on the desktop. However, older drives worked fine. I had to apply a fix.

It's worth checking all ports work with newer USB drives.

Will post config later.

Actually, I was having graphics issues with the Intel injected graphics. The machine was slow and I had numerous graphical glitches when transitioning from desktop to interacting with elements in the web browser. Possibly WebGL issue.

Once I removed the inject Intel graphics to run on the native 630, the machine speed up and all issues resolved themselves, although the cursor issue was there. Happens randomly and doesn't affect anything. P4 issue :)

Try removing the Intel graphics from your config.

On USB, not all of my USB ports were recognising newer usb 3.0 pen drives. The drive wouldn't show on the desktop. However, older drives worked fine. I had to apply a fix.

It's worth checking all ports work with newer USB drives.

Will post config later.

Can You post this config? I cannot read any usb 3.0 drive or key. i am struggling to make them work...
thanks in advance

Can You post this config? I cannot read any usb 3.0 drive or key. i am struggling to make them work...
thanks in advance

Sure, sorry for the delay.

Attachments

• config copy.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 138
Sure, sorry for the delay.
Thanks, I've tried your config and first thing that didn't work is the audio. I usually use logitech keyboard media keys if I've got the audio working, even before I try to listen some audio file. It didn't work.
I'll try to see if it makes any difference later thoroughly, right now I'm back to my config. ;)
Thanks for sharing, again.

Thanks, I've tried your config and first thing that didn't work is the audio. I usually use logitech keyboard media keys if I've got the audio working, even before I try to listen some audio file. It didn't work.
I'll try to see if it makes any difference later thoroughly, right now I'm back to my config. ;)

I've tested headphone audio out and audio out via DP. Both work.

I'm also running Logic Pro X and all audio with internal and external audio cards are fine.

Media keys on my Apple bluetooth keyboard all work.

At the time of the build, I used an updated version of AppleALC that was newer than the latest Clover.

Clover has just been updated, so a fresh kext should resolve your audio issue.

Thanks for your help early on :headbang:

Did you try bouba411's clover folder? Im using it from the beginning and have zero problems running Mojave 10.14.5
Everything is working except sleep. (don't care about sleep)

I only changed the smbios from imac14,2 to imacpro1,1.

Thread with bouba411's clover folder, download here >>
[SUCCESS] NUC PC intel i9 8950HK, 6 cores, 12 threads, 32 GB DDR4 2666Mhz

hey you guys, i just bought one. i7 8750h. Could you post the kexts files with the config?
i got stuck on graphics acceleration.

Back