Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

since I don't have an USB2 large enough stick, I tried installing using an SDcard and an old USB2.0 reader, same issue, next up try with simple USB-C to USB2 convertor

What Unibeast settings should we use, just UEFI or Legacy mode?
I'm using legacy.

since I don't have an USB2 large enough stick, I tried installing using an SDcard and an old USB2.0 reader, same issue, next up try with simple USB-C to USB2 convertor

What Unibeast settings should we use, just UEFI or Legacy mode?
I think USB 2/3 stick doesn't make a difference, only in speed perhaps. File system is the same. However, USB 2.0 slot on the PC won't install. The result is a white crossed out circle i.e. no drive

I think USB 2/3 stick doesn't make a difference, only in speed perhaps. File system is the same. However, USB 2.0 slot on the PC won't install. The result is a white crossed out circle i.e. no drive
I saw that crossed circle and moved the install usb to the rear (hot-swap) and it just continued booting into the installer

I think USB3 can be an issue since the installer does hardware initialisation at some point

I'll give legacy a try

[edit]

no luck, clover won't show any bootable device (tried a few CSM combinations as well)

[edit2]

back on uefi clover;
any clues on how to trouble shoot further? since the installer goes into progress-bar mode from the verbose logging i can't determine what is causing it

Last edited:
Thanks for the setup. I'm pretty much running the same. I think that rules out the install crash I'm having is in any way to do with drive partitioning and install destination.

As has been mentioned, did you use an older USB stick to run the installer?

What USB port did you use on the device to install?

Sorry for the lame questions, just hoping to rule out some of the possibilities.

Nearly there it seems...
I've used ADATA 32GB USB 2.0 stick on one of front USB ports.

what version of CLOVER are the success stories using? I read another thread about EFI files to be replaced

Also you can add EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI after creating bootable USB drive using unibeast. The solution is described here.

After that (second reboot) you may stuck another "13 mins to remaining" screen. Which can be solved by replacing AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi or OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI. Use one driver only each time. Link

I use CLOVER EFI v2.4k r4920 (Unibeast 9.2.0) and latest mojave

p.s. don't install clover package on your mac to be able to leech those files, it can cripple you mac's EFI :banghead: (was just in time to notice and was able to restore the original content as per this post)

update: just tried with different EFI files but now the machine rebooted while I was trying to format to APFS from the installer

Last edited:
what version of CLOVER are the success stories using? I read another thread about EFI files to be replaced

p.s. don't install clover package on your mac to be able to leech those files, it can cripple you mac's EFI :banghead: (was just in time to notice and was able to restore the original content as per this post)

update: just tried with different EFI files but now the machine rebooted while I was trying to format to APFS from the installer
@willumpie82 I will try again today and post my Clover version.

I had read there may be some issue with other drives being present

FYI: The tonymac guide is to use Mac OS Journaled, not APFS. Once formatted to APFS in Disk Utility, it doesn't allow you to reformat again to Mac OS Journaled.

I'm going to create a new USB 2.0 stick installer and see how that goes. Will update here.

@willumpie82 I will try again today and post my Clover version.

I had read there may be some issue with other drives being present

FYI: The tonymac guide is to use Mac OS Journaled, not APFS. Once formatted to APFS in Disk Utility, it doesn't allow you to reformat again to Mac OS Journaled.

I'm going to create a new USB 2.0 stick installer and see how that goes. Will update here.

Between all the attempts I also installed Windows 10 to verify the hardware is okay and that installed without any issue. after that I reformated the drive as HFS+

it is really annoying not being able to see what is going on when the installer is in GUI-progress-bar-mode

i installed an 500gb harddrive and removed the samsung NVME drive and i was able to boot install it and get in to the language selection for the rest of the installation

when the installation is complete i’ll image it onto my ssd

edit:
The installation hung on wifi (I installed BCM94xx) when i entered my key. I force reboot the machine and tried again. I noticed that there are a couple of reboots occuring during the installation (with SATA HDD still) and connected ethernet cable
1st boot (installer, choose external)
2nd reboot cho0se Mojave installer
3rd reboot choose Mojave installer
4th reboot choose Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot (automatic selected 2sec timeout)

succes! I'm in, next up post installation

running from HDD now.

next time I should check the forum for hardware compatibility
970 evo plus => not stable

trying to firmware update it via rufus iso tool

Went from firmware 1B2QEXM7 to 2B2QEXM7 => almost success...

tried another install directly on the SSD but without luck, just cloned the hdd onto the SSD and it boots and mostly works.

only major issue is that my USB ports are not working.

Last edited:
i installed an 500gb harddrive and removed the samsung NVME drive and i was able to boot install it and get in to the language selection for the rest of the installation

when the installation is complete i’ll image it onto my ssd

edit:
The installation hung on wifi (I installed BCM94xx) when i entered my key. I force reboot the machine and tried again. I noticed that there are a couple of reboots occuring during the installation (with SATA HDD still) and connected ethernet cable
1st boot (installer, choose external)
2nd reboot cho0se Mojave installer
3rd reboot choose Mojave installer
4th reboot choose Boot FileVault Prebooter from Preboot (automatic selected 2sec timeout)

succes! I'm in, next up post installation

running from HDD now.

next time I should check the forum for hardware compatibility
970 evo plus => not stable

trying to firmware update it via rufus iso tool

Went from firmware 1B2QEXM7 to 2B2QEXM7 => almost success...

tried another install directly on the SSD but without luck, just cloned the hdd onto the SSD and it boots and mostly works.

only major issue is that my USB ports are not working.

I'm using a Samsung 970 Evo. Days of my life wasted, but many more saved with this info! Now to look for a smaller SSD that is verified to run the installer. Thanks, @willumpie82 !

I'm using a Samsung 970 Evo. Days of my life wasted, but many more saved with this info! Now to look for a smaller SSD that is verified to run the installer. Thanks, @willumpie82 !

Upgrading the SSD is really easy, just download the ISO from the post i refered to and and burn that to an USB stick with e.g. Rufus or unetbootin (need windows for those tools, don't know any osx versions to do so, but win10 vm did the trick for me)

Back