Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

Hi all,

For those interested, I have found the issue with the WIFI card. The BCM94352z/DW1560 needs some tweaking, you can find this in the thread below. Attached my EFI which works under Catalina latest version. Now ready to take the jump to Big Sur, will do later today or in the weekend and will ofcourse share my feedback.

Take care

update 1: this EFI doesn’t seem to boot the big sur installer. Need to check in verbose what’s causing this.

Attachments

• EFI_S200_WIFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Oke guys, I upgraded to Big Sur. Attached the proof. I needed to alter some things in my config, also added to this post as attachment. GL

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-20 om 16.59.20.png

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-20 om 16.59.28.png

I was going mad...
I sent for repair my S200 (dead after firmware flash) and I cannot install or boot MacOS anymore.
My bios is very new, november 2020, and I suspected something was "fixed".
Then I had a glimpse of reason by reading a previous post writing about some RTC / AWAC issues on some bioses.
I went to dortania, picked up the easy route
enabled it in config.plist and , after a nvram reset. I could install Catalina!
I am still trying to fix some usb/wifi issues but the S200 is hacking again!

I was going mad...
I sent for repair my S200 (dead after firmware flash) and I cannot install or boot MacOS anymore.
My bios is very new, november 2020, and I suspected something was "fixed".
Then I had a glimpse of reason by reading a previous post writing about some RTC / AWAC issues on some bioses.
I went to dortania, picked up the easy route
enabled it in config.plist and , after a nvram reset. I could install Catalina!
I am still trying to fix some usb/wifi issues but the S200 is hacking again!
Big sur also made some changes to WiFi card support, so be sure to fix it compatible to big sur as well. For inspiration you can check my efi from a few posts ago.

Big sur also made some changes to WiFi card support, so be sure to fix it compatible to big sur as well. For inspiration you can check my efi from a few posts ago.
I'll surely do it... You've been more than an inspiration!
Regarding Wifi, I recently treated me to a fenvi bcm94360ng and first tests before firmware flash mishap was incredible (bt keyboard working even during startup i.e. "HID proxy" fully working).
I reinstalled original card to ship it back after the incident but I am planning to swap it again really soon.
I suggest you give it a try. Totally worth the money.

No problem :)

Ok cool, just post your progress. Interesting for anybody. Seems like there has also been some progress on intel wifi support but I don;t bother that much because I don't have it :)

No problem :)

Ok cool, just post your progress. Interesting for anybody. Seems like there has also been some progress on intel wifi support but I don;t bother that much because I don't have it :)
Hi, as far as I have tested it, my system is running smooth as butter on Big Sur (I still have not updated to 11.1 to limit bleeding edge issues)
BUT
I have a Big problem and, after more than a couple of nights trying, I am almost clueless for a solution.

While I can boot opencore from a usb2 or usb3 key with no issues I cannot get a working opencore efi boot on internal nvme ssd (it's a samsung PM951 and I suspect it could be the culprit...).
i just recap all my trials and tribulations, maybe someone smarter than me points me in the right direction.
1) I copied the exact EFI folder booting from my usbs to the internal 250mb fat 32 efi partition, take note both mint and windows are booting fine and appear in f7 boot menu and uefi setup.
opencore is not appearing.
2) i manually added through efibootmgr opencore to the efi boot menu, next reboot opencore appears but if i select it nothing happens (not even bootlog kicks in)
3) while booting from usb i erased nvram nothing different happens
4) I reset bios settings to default and deselected the vt-d and so on, no change.
5) I tried enabling nvmefix.kext, since some samsung ssd require it, but i suspect they are no fix for booting issues.
the only solution i can think of is to explant my ssd and swap it with a different one.
if it works I'll let you know.
Meanwhile.... let's everybody firmly believe in a happy new year!

Hi, as far as I have tested it, my system is running smooth as butter on Big Sur (I still have not updated to 11.1 to limit bleeding edge issues)
BUT
I have a Big problem and, after more than a couple of nights trying, I am almost clueless for a solution.

While I can boot opencore from a usb2 or usb3 key with no issues I cannot get a working opencore efi boot on internal nvme ssd (it's a samsung PM951 and I suspect it could be the culprit...).
i just recap all my trials and tribulations, maybe someone smarter than me points me in the right direction.
1) I copied the exact EFI folder booting from my usbs to the internal 250mb fat 32 efi partition, take note both mint and windows are booting fine and appear in f7 boot menu and uefi setup.
opencore is not appearing.
2) i manually added through efibootmgr opencore to the efi boot menu, next reboot opencore appears but if i select it nothing happens (not even bootlog kicks in)
3) while booting from usb i erased nvram nothing different happens
4) I reset bios settings to default and deselected the vt-d and so on, no change.
5) I tried enabling nvmefix.kext, since some samsung ssd require it, but i suspect they are no fix for booting issues.
the only solution i can think of is to explant my ssd and swap it with a different one.
if it works I'll let you know.
Meanwhile.... let's everybody firmly believe in a happy new year!
I have no experience with multiboot systems, since i only use macOS. So when you boot from usb, can you see the other OS’ on your system in the opencore menu? First clue would be Google on dortania opencore and multiboot

GL and a happy new year

Back