Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

@shumbola was Chrome already running before it went to sleep? For me, if Chrome is running, then it continues to run fine after sleep & wake. Try quitting Chrome, then putting it to sleep to see if it crashes on wake.
Yes, Chrome was already running....Will try what you said

Try Youtube and see if you can watch any video... the app chrome itself doesnt crash but nothing will work which is gpu acceleration related. (video encoding/playing for example.)
Ok, will try and let you guys know...

Yes, guys, it is there, confirmed. If I close the Chrome before sleep and launch it after wake up, it does not work.
But I don't give a penny, because I never put my PC to sleep. :)

Guys, I'm back :) luckily I saved myself with an old external HDD and my windows laptop. Below my changes in config file. I noticed my iGPU now has less vram 1536 instead of the former 2048mb with the Clover based patch, but it is snappier now in gpu related tasks (1536 is also what it should be). Be aware that I only filled in index 1 (con0) and changed the 0004000 value (which is DP) to 0008000 and put the busID to 06. I didn't fill in busID's for the DP, since I only use HDMI. They are now 00 (disabled). For those who don't understand me: https://khronokernel-2.gitbook.io/o...-guide/extras/gpu-patches#iGPU-BusID-Patching

Ps. The black screen issue is still there at the desktop start. Looks we are not the only one: https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/783

Will check the thread later, but looks like there is a new WEG with this one fixed.

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-30 om 14.45.48.png

@Amateur85 Thank you for putting the Opencore EFI together. I'm using it and still on 10.15.3. Keep us posted on your progress to make 10.15.4 work with Opencore!

Do you use sleep/wake feature on your S200? If so, does your Chrome/Safari crash after you sleep/wake? For the life of me I cannot figure out why this is happening. Only seems to happen after sleep/wake. Any ideas?

Below my sleep/wake settings: change with: Sudo PMset -a sleep xxxx (min) or sudo pmset -a displaysleep 15 or whatever you like. you can change all variables by sudo pmset -a (any of the variables in the list).

Schermafbeelding 2020-03-30 om 15.10.18.png

I also have found a solution for the black screen issue, bootargument agdpmod=vit9696. See below. I don't know about after sleep, since I don't put it to sleep. I added this to the config plist.

Update: I put it into sleep and tried to wake up, this does not automatically happen. I don't need to hotplug anything, but I need to turn my monitor off and on. Not a problem, but an inconvenience I would say.

agdpmod=vit9696
  • Disables board-id check, may be needed for when screen turns black after finishing booting

For those interested, attached my EFI folder which should work for 10.15.4, please check with seperate USB drive first and don't try to adjust config files with USB EFI and HDD/SSD EFI mounted;).I've learned my lesson about that.

I removed the board serial, serials, UUID, ROM (use MAC adress withou the : in between). Remember that only HDMI will work, you need to check the framebuffer patch for DP. I will try when I have time, I now do have DP adapter. I also disabled the BCRM (broadcom wifi and bluetooth kernel patches, simply enable by changing no to yes). You can disable picker by putting false behind show picker. Timeout of bootmenu picker 5s.

Good luck.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I also have found a solution for the black screen issue, bootargument agdpmod=vit9696. See below. I don't know about after sleep, since I don't put it to sleep. I added this to the config plist.

Update: I put it into sleep and tried to wake up, this does not automatically happen. I don't need to hotplug anything, but I need to turn my monitor off and on. Not a problem, but an inconvenience I would say.

agdpmod=vit9696
  • Disables board-id check, may be needed for when screen turns black after finishing booting

For those interested, attached my EFI folder which should work for 10.15.4, please check with seperate USB drive first and don't try to adjust config files with USB EFI and HDD/SSD EFI mounted;).I've learned my lesson about that.

I removed the board serial, serials, UUID, ROM (use MAC adress withou the : in between). Remember that only HDMI will work, you need to check the framebuffer patch for DP. I will try when I have time, I now do have DP adapter. I also disabled the BCRM (broadcom wifi and bluetooth kernel patches, simply enable by changing no to yes). You can disable picker by putting false behind show picker. Timeout of bootmenu picker 5s.

Good luck.

Thanks for the updates and great to know you got it working :) Were the WiFi/BT kexts causing issues?

Also, does HW Acceleration (Chrome, Youtube, VSCode etc) work after sleep wake? After a bunch of googling that's what I narrowed down the problem to. Any apps that require HW Acceleration won't work after sleep wake. Unfortunately, none of the solutions listed anywhere online seem to work :(

Thanks for the updates and great to know you got it working :) Were the WiFi/BT kexts causing issues?

Also, does HW Acceleration (Chrome, Youtube, VSCode etc) work after sleep wake? After a bunch of googling that's what I narrowed down the problem to. Any apps that require HW Acceleration won't work after sleep wake. Unfortunately, none of the solutions listed anywhere online seem to work :(
Thanks. No the WiFi/BT I disabled for you guys since these are specific for my setup, I have Broadcom 94352 m.2 card. So if you don’t have the WiFi card those Kexts are not needed, also not needed if you have a native apple WiFi card.

I didn’t check (full sleep) and HW acceleration. But could well be the problem. I only use displaysleep, which causes the black screen but does not impact app behaviour.

Thanks. No the WiFi/BT I disabled for you guys since these are specific for my setup, I have Broadcom 94352 m.2 card. So if you don’t have the WiFi card those Kexts are not needed, also not needed if you have a native apple WiFi card.

I didn’t check (full sleep) and HW acceleration. But could well be the problem. I only use displaysleep, which causes the black screen but does not impact app behaviour.

Oh I see. I have the same BCM94352Z card, that's why I was curious.

Yes with no Graphics Acceleration and/or in Safe Mode, I'm able to put the machine in sleep and resume w/o any issues. I guess I'll have to resign to using displaysleep for now :( I'll come back and take a look at this issue maybe in a few weeks or months

Oh I see. I have the same BCM94352Z card, that's why I was curious.

Yes with no Graphics Acceleration and/or in Safe Mode, I'm able to put the machine in sleep and resume w/o any issues. I guess I'll have to resign to using displaysleep for now :( I'll come back and take a look at this issue maybe in a few weeks or months
Alright, you can enable the Broadcom Kexts then.

sure, there will probably be a better fix down the road, although sleep/wake is not the best feature in a hackintosh

Back