Contribute
Register

Eglobal S200 Nuc Intel i7 8750H / Mini PC Compatible?

@shumbola @jwall21 I've been thinking about buying this Mini PC. Did you guys get further along in getting everything to work?

@shumbola @jwall21 I've been thinking about buying this Mini PC. Did you guys get further along in getting everything to work?
1. Network - ethernet works, no wifi, since it has intel chip and I've not bothered to change the module
2. Bluetooth - works, I can connect to my iPhone and use its connection
3. Graphics acceleration works, I've got two old monitors connected: one with HDMI, second with mDP. The only issue is my second full hd monitor connected through DP-VGA adapter. I use it with 1400x1050 resolution, but this is until I get my 4k monitor repaired. Hope with the later there will be no problem.

I use this at home as a dev machine for my personal projects, XCode, Java, C/C++, etc...have not encountered any problem, latest Mojave works very stable.

1. Network - ethernet works, no wifi, since it has intel chip and I've not bothered to change the module
3. Graphics acceleration works, I've got two old monitors connected: one with HDMI, second with mDP. The only issue is my second full hd monitor connected through DP-VGA adapter. I use it with 1400x1050 resolution, but this is until I get my 4k monitor repaired. Hope with the later there will be no problem.

I use this at home as a dev machine for my personal projects, XCode, Java, C/C++, etc...have not encountered any problem, latest Mojave works very stable.

Awesome! Thanks so much for the update @shumbola. I might just bite the bullet and order one of these w/the i9 CPU.

@shumbola Sorry - one more question: Does Power Management work properly for you? i.e. Sleep/Shutdown/Restart. Did you have to do anything specific or extra Kexts to get it working? Thanks!

@shumbola Sorry - one more question: Does Power Management work properly for you? i.e. Sleep/Shutdown/Restart. Did you have to do anything specific or extra Kexts to get it working? Thanks!
Restart/Shutdown works as expected, but I never put it into sleep, since I do not need it. So, I'm not sure about the sleep.

Restart/Shutdown works as expected, but I never put it into sleep, since I do not need it. So, I'm not sure about the sleep.

Thanks! Order placed - can't wait to have it in my hands. Got the i9 model!

Update:

I've got my Dell 32" monitor (U3219Q) yesterday and now use this monitor solely.
There are current problems:
- no 4k resolution, only 2k
- no sound over DP

Will investigate further what can be done to solve above issues.

P.S. On Ubuntu the monitor works out of box at 4k, though I've not tested sound over dp yet.

Update #2:

- no 4k resolution
Got 4k working, removed framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-fbmem options and voila, Mojave correctly detects 4k resolution of my monitor.

Great @shumbola Thanks for the updates. I'm still waiting on my S200 to arrive. Will probably take a few weeks since it is AliExpress :(

Hey @shumbola great work! I purchased the same eglobal s200 i7 and had been having the same issue with the display. BIOS is extremely limited in these things. Do you have a recent config with the 4k fix?

Back