Contribute
Register

EFIClone - automatic backup of the EFI partition

Did you try resetting BIOS?
I loaded the optimised settings as suggested in that message - result : it didnt get past the BIOS screen and wouldn't let me access BIOS settings so Im going to reset CMOS this morning....Im really concerned this has happened...I have a MacBook pro I can use to look at the Original SSD and check the EFI partition. It shouldn't have changed. - Update - Im sorry - I see I have already responded - Im losing it!...:)

Apparently, there is something wrong with CCC and/or the EFI Clone.sh. Have used both in the past to make a clone(s) successfully but have been unable to do so now. I thought I fried my NVMe ssd and bought another one (970 Evo Plus) and now the same thing. Will try Acronis next. Boy, lots of wasted time. :banghead:

Apparently, there is something wrong with CCC and/or the EFI Clone.sh. Have used both in the past to make a clone(s) successfully but have been unable to do so now. I thought I fried my NVMe ssd and bought another one (970 Evo Plus) and now the same thing. Will try Acronis next. Boy, lots of wasted time. :banghead:

You are aware that the 970 EVO Plus causes kernel panics in macOS, right? Even if macOS is not installed on it, just having it installed will cause kernel panics.

My BIOS ended up frying - Had to get a new BIOS chip soldered on to the MB- I went back to more basic methods

You are aware that the 970 EVO Plus causes kernel panics in macOS, right? Even if macOS is not installed on it, just having it installed will cause kernel panics.
Did not know that. I’ve been using a 960Evo without problem I also have a 970 Evo that was working fine but not now. Does the earlier 970 Evo also have the problem?

Did not know that. I’ve been using a 960Evo without problem I also have a 970 Evo that was working fine but not now. Does the earlier 970 Evo also have the problem?

The only SSDs that I am aware with this issue are (1) the Samsung 970 EVO Plus and (2) the Samsung PM981.

The older 970 EVO and 970 Pro work fine.

The only SSDs that I am aware with this issue are (1) the Samsung 970 EVO Plus and (2) the Samsung PM981.

The older 970 EVO and 970 Pro work fine.
Thank you. The weird thing is, I had a fully function 970Evo that went belly up after I did a Clover Update I attempted to clone that from the 960Evo with CCC multiple times. It created EFI folder and I copied the contents from the functioning drive to no avail. I figure I’d fried the 970 EVO and bought the Plus. Now trying with Acronis on the 970EVO. I hope I didn’t blow $49.95 for no reason.

I figure I’d fried the 970 EVO and bought the Plus. Now trying with Acronis on the 970EVO
You can also make a bootable USB rescue media for Macs with ATI 2019. Give that a try if cloning while booted into the OS doesn't work. Let us know how it goes.

Thank you. The weird thing is, I had a fully function 970Evo that went belly up after I did a Clover Update I attempted to clone that from the 960Evo with CCC multiple times. It created EFI folder and I copied the contents from the functioning drive to no avail. I figure I’d fried the 970 EVO and bought the Plus. Now trying with Acronis on the 970EVO. I hope I didn’t blow $49.95 for no reason.

What problems did the 970 EVO give you? Did it function as a non-system drive?

I had a Samsung SM951 die on me. It would appear to the the system, but whenever I tried to write anything to it or initialize it with Disk Utility, I would get errors. Eventually, the system just stopped seeing the SSD at all.

You can also make a bootable USB rescue media for Macs with ATI 2019. Give that a try if cloning while booted into the OS doesn't work. Let us know how it goes.
Is that similar in function to a Unibeast USB?

Back