Contribute
Register

EFIClone - automatic backup of the EFI partition

I am trying to make a bootable copy of my drive using CC and the script. Copy of files is done, and the EFIClone.sh is running. But is it normal that it takes soooo long. I see there is still some activity on the drive(s). It's running now for approx 40min since the script started.
I'm running Sierra High.

Last edited:
As far as I know this isn't working any more - definitely isn't for me.

For Anyone Struggling with using this Script and CCC to make a bootable clone
Have a look at the following post for a foolproof/noobproof way to clone your system drive

Click Here To View

I can't get EFIClone.sh to run successfully with the latest beta of CCC (v5.1.8-b2). The log reports this:

[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - ***** EFI Clone Script start
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - working directory = /
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - Running /Library/Application Support/com. bombich.ccc/Scripts/EFIClone.sh
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - Called From Carbon Copy Cloner
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - 1: Source Path = /private/tmp/16777223@ 190120073240
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - 2: Destination Path = /Volumes/Tim's CCC Backup
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - 3: CCC Exit Status =
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - 4: Disk image file path =
[Sun Jan 20 07:32:41 MST 2019] - CCC did not exit with success, the EFI Clone Script will not run

So it appears that the script is expecting call parameters different than what CCC is sending. I'm not sure if this is a change in CCC's behavior or what.

I reported this as an issue on GitHub (https://github.com/wombat94/EFIClone).

Ran CCC and script - now my back up won't boot or my original - I was careful with source and destination - I'm up **** creek as I can no longer boot. Also Bios Settings are not as the ones this page that comes up when I boot suggests. Im not overclocking the system ....I had a rock solid working system.....confused....

Attachments

• image12.jpeg
    image12.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 130
Ran CCC and script - now my back up won't boot or my original - I was careful with source and destination - I'm up **** creek as I can no longer boot. Also Bios Settings are not as the ones this page that comes up when I boot suggests. Im not overclocking the system ....I had a rock solid working system.....confused....
Did you try resetting BIOS?

Did you try resetting BIOS?
I did, and it now gets stuck on the bios boot screen and won't let me access bios settings so I think i have to try a cmos hard reset next -

Back