Gigabyte GeForce GT 440 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello!

First of all, apologies if my question is rookie-worthy. I have spent the last three days trying to get my head around the booting system and clearly there are several things I still do not understand fully.

I have installed El Capitan following the installation guide. My booting is "Legacy Mode" and that is how I built the USB and also that is the post-configuration that I loaded.

My question is: When Clover loads, do I have to boot from EFI or directly from the hard drive? I understand EFI will store all the configurations and drivers, but unfortunately trying to boot from EFI always results in an instant error. Is that because of my legacy mode? Should I do something to be able to boot from EFI? How do I load configuration or drivers if I cannot load from the EFI partition?

Thank you very much for your assistance, and my apologies if this is too basic! After all the reading I have done I am unable to get clarity.

Thanks!

Jon

First: Welcome to the forums!
Second: Please put your system info in your signature per forum rules. No one will help if all we can do is guess.
Third: When booting - if you have a Gigabyte system (remember to list your system details so we don't just guess) you need to choose the correct boot drive. Don't use any of the ones that start with EFI. Use the ones that have a 'P#' such as P0 or P1.

First: Welcome to the forums!

Thank you very much!

Second: Please put your system info in your signature per forum rules. No one will help if all we can do is guess.

On it, but for the record, it is an Intel i5 on a motherboard: GA-P67A-D3-B3 - Clover build 3270

Third: When booting - if you have a Gigabyte system (remember to list your system details so we don't just guess) you need to choose the correct boot drive. Don't use any of the ones that start with EFI. Use the ones that have a 'P#' such as P0 or P1.

When I boot, the Clover boot loader comes up and provides me three options:

1. Boot Clover from EFI
2. Boot El Capitan from [hard drive name]
3. Recovery

My understanding is that I should be attempting to boot from EFI since all the configurations are saved there in the config.plist. If I select that option I get the following message:

b1f: init
b1f: error

And then it halts.

I can load fine from my hard drive, but then I am unsure how to use clover to save config file and kexts and the rest.

Please guidance, I feel a bit lost here!

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back