GA-Z97X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Performed an upgrade over El Capitan after installing the latest Clover Bootloader. It froze the first time (spinning wheel at install) and I had to reboot without caches but with kexts and Nvidia Webdriver selected.
All is good now and Sierra might have cured my graphical glitches (white squares etc...) with the GTX970 in Photoshop and Lightroom which would be a awesome but...
One thing I noticed while trying to get ALC audio back is that my EFI folder is empty? No matter if I reinstall or update Clover it stays empty.
Any ideas what could be causing this? I might do a clean install later on but for now I would like to get this fixed so I know what to do next time.
Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Performed an upgrade over El Capitan after installing the latest Clover Bootloader. It froze the first time (spinning wheel at install) and I had to reboot without caches but with kexts and Nvidia Webdriver selected.
All is good now and Sierra might have cured my graphical glitches (white squares etc...) with the GTX970 in Photoshop and Lightroom which would be a awesome but...
One thing I noticed while trying to get ALC audio back is that my EFI folder is empty? No matter if I reinstall or update Clover it stays empty.
Any ideas what could be causing this? I might do a clean install later on but for now I would like to get this fixed so I know what to do next time.
Thanks in advance!

Hmm and tried again after posting and lo and behold, the EFI folder is there, christ sake. I think I read somewhere that you sometimes need to reboot or remount multiple times to get the EFI folder to show up, is that even possible?

Update: it did not fix the graphic glitches though, too bad.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
Hi, I have the same first time boot problem with my MSI GTX760 but can't solve.
Could you please explain step by step the procedure you have followed to reboot without caches but with kexts (which one?) and Nvidia Webdriver selected?
Thanks,

Hi, I have the same first time boot problem with my MSI GTX760 but can't solve.
Could you please explain step by step the procedure you have followed to reboot without caches but with kexts (which one?) and Nvidia Webdriver selected?
Thanks,

Can do ;)

1 At Clover Boot Manager press Spacebar which will take you to the Options tab
2 Select Without Caches / With injected kexts / Use Nvidia WEB drivers (nvda_drv=1) by using arrow keys and spacebar
3 Scroll down and select Boot Mac OS X with selected options

Screenshot attached showing selected options.
Hope that helps mate, good luck!

Attachments

• Clover Options.JPG
    Clover Options.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 443
Can do ;)

1 At Clover Boot Manager press Spacebar which will take you to the Options tab
2 Select Without Caches / With injected kexts / Use Nvidia WEB drivers (nvda_drv=1) by using arrow keys and spacebar
3 Scroll down and select Boot Mac OS X with selected options

Screenshot attached showing selected options.
Hope that helps mate, good luck!
Clear and many thanks.
In my case it does not work as after the original apple boot progress bar, the white screen appears with the apple black cursor located in the upper-left corner for about 2-3 sec. and then appear the spinning wheel indefinitely in the upper-left corner.
Perhaps a plist problem or other one? Can you send me your plist just to check, thanks.

Motherboard GA-H87-D3H with MSI GTX760 working fine with El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back