I5-6600K
Graphics
GTX 1070, HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Once I've completed a full successful sierra install I'd like to create a backup of the boot config so I don't have to go through installing all the patches, kexts etc individually in the future. Can I create a backup of the complete boot config, without resorting to something like time machine?

I was thinking I could simply copy the contents of the EFI partition to a USB stick. Would this include all the Kexts or are these stored elsewhere? I've typically used multibeast or other scripts to install kexts so still not 100% sure where they get installed.

Would this work? The intention being that I'd reinstall sierra fresh via clover in the future, then once installed copy the backed up EFI config (and meets seperately if necessary) to get everything quickly up and running again.

Thanks

Mike

PS I've filled out my build profile but it's not appearing in my posts - any ideas on how to fix this?

Once I've completed a full successful sierra install I'd like to create a backup of the boot config so I don't have to go through installing all the patches, kexts etc individually in the future. Can I create a backup of the complete boot config, without resorting to something like time machine?

I was thinking I could simply copy the contents of the EFI partition to a USB stick. Would this include all the Kexts or are these stored elsewhere? I've typically used multibeast or other scripts to install kexts so still not 100% sure where they get installed.

Would this work? The intention being that I'd reinstall sierra fresh via clover in the future, then once installed copy the backed up EFI config (and meets seperately if necessary) to get everything quickly up and running again.

Thanks

Mike

PS I've filled out my build profile but it's not appearing in my posts - any ideas on how to fix this?

You can backup your files in EFI partition, but it only helps if all your additional kexts are injected by placing in CLOVER/kexts/10.x directory.

Backing up the hole install is a good idea...

I'd like to create a backup of the boot config so I don't have to go through installing all the patches, kexts etc individually in the future. Can I create a backup of the complete boot config, without resorting to something like time machine?

Each time that you install / update Clover a backup is saved on your system disk in /EFI-Backups.

Last edited:
Each time that you install / update Clover a backup is saved on your system disk in /EFI-Backups.

Good to know. How do you utilize the backup?

Any updates? I don't know either how to backup EFI and how to use it afterwords. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back