Contribute
Register

EFI Agent v1.3.2 (menu bar utility)

I use hackintool to mount and show disks etc. Does this tool has any additional features?

@tech1eguy,

EFI Agent is basically the same "Disks" module from Hackintool but runs as a menu bar utility/icon and uses minimal resources meaning that it's always there if you need it without having to load an app every time you want to mount/unmount a volume.

Very handy if you work a lot with EFI partitions (or need to mount/un-mount any volume for that matter)

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
@tech1eguy,

EFI Agent is basically the same "Disks" module from Hackintool but runs as a menu bar utility/icon and uses minimal resources meaning that it's always there if you need it without having to load an app every time you want to mount/unmount a volume.

Very handy if you work a lot with EFI partitions (or need to mount/un-mount any volume for that matter)

Cheers
Jay
Hi Jay!
As I mentioned in a former post, I have no contextual menu for mount/unmount, neither in EFI Agent nor in Hackintool: is this feature supposed to work in El Capitan (my current OS) or only in recent OSes? :confused:

I have no contextual menu for mount/unmount, neither in EFI Agent nor in Hackintool: is this feature supposed to work in El Capitan (my current OS) or only in recent OSes? :confused:

@Nodarkthings,

I'm not sure why you have no context menu for mount/unmount, thats an issue that i have not personally seen, it's possible that it could be because you running an older version of MacOS as El Capitan pre-dates the release of both EFI Agent and Hackintool.

Best bet would be to direct your question to @headkaze, who should be able to confirm the situation and if it's possible help you debug the issue.

Cheers
Jay

Hi Jay!
As I mentioned in a former post, I have no contextual menu for mount/unmount, neither in EFI Agent nor in Hackintool: is this feature supposed to work in El Capitan (my current OS) or only in recent OSes? :confused:
The context menu only shows when you right-click an item in the "Partition Scheme" list. It will not show up if you right-click an item in the "EFI Partitions" list.

The context menu only shows when you right-click an item in the "Partition Scheme" list. It will not show up if you right-click an item in the "EFI Partitions" list.
Thanks but this doesn't work, I've tried multiple times, everywhere in the "Partition Scheme" list. :( Are you sure it works in 10.11? I've tried in a clean account too, with no other menu app or whatever...

Thanks but this doesn't work, I've tried multiple times, everywhere in the "Partition Scheme" list. :( Are you sure it works in 10.11? I've tried in a clean account too, with no other menu app or whatever...
I've not tested in 10.11. Try running Hackintool from Terminal and see if you get an exception error when you right-click the "Partition Scheme" list. If not I don't know what the problem is but most likely it's a change in the API I'm unaware of.

I've not tested in 10.11. Try running Hackintool from Terminal and see if you get an exception error when you right-click the "Partition Scheme" list. If not I don't know what the problem is but most likely it's a change in the API I'm unaware of.
Done. Nothing happens and nothing shows in the Console or Terminal. Checked with my Magic Mouse (in case it's something with my trackball), same result.
Checked in Mojave: all works in EFI Agent as well as in Hackintool.
I think we can assume it doesn't work in 10.11. ;)

Back