Contribute
Register

EFI Agent v1.3.2 (menu bar utility)

Looks like it picked up the correct UUID from SelfDevicePath all by its-self and is now highlighting the correct EFI Partition where I boot Clover from .... very nice work.
:thumbup:
I also tested (several times) manually setting the Boot Partition to one of the other EFI Partitions using the context menu option which seems to work as expected without any issues. Question: Where are you storing the value ? ... Just curious if your updating/creating IODeviceTree:/options/efi-boot-device, or IODeviceTree:/chosen/boot-device-path ?
The value is stored in NSUserDefaults and will not mess with any (potentially) dangerous system boot values.

EFI Agent Should now work with all boot configurations, even those not using Clover .... I assume you'll incorporate the new code in Hackingtool in some future release ? .... I really appreciate the time and effort you put into resolving this.
Yes, all the code is in Hackintool already I just need to do a release.

Hello @headkaze it would be amazing if could include app permission to mount the EFI without the need to type in your password every time, its a pain! over at the German forum there is an app called "kext Updater" that has that kind of functionality, and I personally find it very useful.

I'm sure more people would be interested into having that kind of freedom. Just an idea :)

it would be amazing if could include app permission to mount the EFI without the need to type in your password every time, its a pain!
You only have to enter your password the first time you mount/unmount.

You only have to enter your password the first time you mount/unmount.
I have tried but it requires to type in password each time you want to mount EFI partition.. I recall you mentioned once how to log what happens with an app with terminal, but I can't remember, I could send you that log if you remind me how, or are interested?

EDIT: I just remember how was done, but it has no effect with EFI Agent, could be because its a docked app?

Last edited:
I have tried but it requires to type in password each time you want to mount EFI partition.. I recall you mentioned once how to log what happens with an app with terminal, but I can't remember, I could send you that log if you remind me how, or are interested?

EDIT: I just remember how was done, but it has no effect with EFI Agent, could be because its a docked app?
Are you using the latest version of EFI Agent (1.2.5)?

Hackintool also has the same mounting system under the Disks tab so you could try that too.

Are you using the latest version of EFI Agent (1.2.5)?

Hackintool also has the same mounting system under the Disks tab so you could try that too.
I wasn't, I was still on 1.2.3, since I didn't see an update, and the post title didn't change to a newer version I didn't know there was.. There is no update option in the app like hackintool right?

Now it works perfectly btw! thank you!

I wasn't, I was still on 1.2.3, since I didn't see an update, and the post title didn't change to a newer version I didn't know there was.. There is no update option in the app like hackintool right?

Now it works perfectly btw! thank you!
There is still a timeout value (default is 5 minutes) until it will prompt again for your password but at least it shouldn't ask every time you mount/unmount.

There is still a timeout value (default is 5 minutes) until it will prompt again for your password but at least it shouldn't ask every time you mount/unmount.
Yep, just found out because after a while I went back to mount EFI and prompted me with the password.. Could the time out be nulled? I do tend to change things very often in pursuit of optimising and perfecting my build, so I tend to mount EFI allot.

Cheers

Back