Contribute
Register

eelmod: G4 Cube w/ Videos worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My Next eelmod: G4 Cube w/ Videos

Gus said:
I couldn't help but notice an end of an apple cable in the picture of the os 9 boot up. I'm hoping its a adc to vga adapter. Is it? I really want to see a proper picture of one.

Ive seen one picture of a similar looking cable on an auction on ebay once, bundled with a cube power supply. I know they used to make little boxes that had the adapter and power supply for use with vga output.

Looking great btw! Also have you considered a server 1u cooler, with a blower style fan, I bought one ages ago to use in some mini style build, never got round to it, hopefully soon though. Anyway, it does make some noise, but i guess an aftermarket fan could be put on, to blow air down onto the heatsink and across the motherboard. Might not actually be that useful, anyway, the one i have is a Dynatron, but akasa make them too. http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_list.aspx?cv=1-4-281
http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?tpl=product/cpu.list.tpl&type=CPU coolers&type_sub=Low Profile

Sorry Gus but it's just a male to female extender it did come with the one Cube.

Thanks a lot for the cooler site, gives me some more options if this thing runs warm after getting it running.

DanN7 said:
6?!
whew..
wanna have one
give me one! LOL! no :lolno:

how cost is it per cube?

tooo much lol

Ohwell, maybe next time. Sure thing, any luck from the shop about your pico? I am sooo excited to see these things going!

DanN7 said:
6?!
whew..
wanna have one
give me one! LOL! no :lolno:

how cost is it per cube?
Too much! :lol: It goes under the heading of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

This is awesome dude! :headbang:

Any updates since you got the pico?

Not yet, got the pico but the brick is back ordered lol
So I will finish up the other ones and button mine up and then wait.

As soon as I get the brick I will post with it all and specs and temps all checked out.

HALPS!!!
OKs so I still lack the PICO power brick so I am using a regular PSU to do this for now

So I followed minihacks guide to getting my touch sensor to work.

I did the resistor off the LED to the #2 on the plug - from that I put it to LED+

#1 goes to 5v constant

#4 I put to PWR+
#5 I put to PWR-

so thing is when the board is not running LED is on and as soon as I touch the sensor it turns on the board but the LED goes out ?? :confused:

So any Ideas? I swapped the PWR ones around, I put the #2 on to the LED- instead of +

Also I have the back plate the that touch sensor is on grounded with it to the groung on a 4 pin molex off the PSU for testing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot,
I will check after work and report back lol
what is cool is at least I got the button to work just not to sat lit is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back