Contribute
Register

eelmod: G4 Cube w/ Videos worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My Next eelmod: G4 Cube

Thanks guys!

Well this one will be the template for 3 other Cube mods so it has to be good.
I should receive the mother board and CPU by weeks end and from there I will figure out proper mobo placement and how I will handle the middle aluminum heat sink.

Attachments

• last_2.jpeg
    last_2.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,027

That's the site ^ that I got some of the plastic ideas from :D

There are a couple of Plastic made items on there that look awesome!

Not gonna lie, I signed up just for this thread! I have a G4 Cube that so far I've left unmodded and used as a DVD player (yes the drive surprisingly still works properly) but wanted to do something else with it. I think I now have an idea and somewhat of a goal.

tbot said:
Not gonna lie, I signed up just for this thread! I have a G4 Cube that so far I've left unmodded and used as a DVD player (yes the drive surprisingly still works properly) but wanted to do something else with it. I think I now have an idea and somewhat of a goal.

lol Well welcome and hi :D

As soon as I get all part I will revamp the first post and thread title because then the build is on! By tomorrow I should have mobo, I am not sure about PSU brick as I got a report that the Cubes PSU brick didn't work with the Pico PSU plug. If that is the case I will need to order a new PSU brick but I will cross that bridge when I get there. As for the DVD drive, I really want to upgrade it to blu-ray but I might just end up getting a newer iMac DVD drive for it.

Nice progress so far. The fitting of the IO plate looks professional!

However, I think I prefer the G5 cube. :D

111.jpg

Judah said:
Eel, it has been about two weeks since I last told you I hated you. So in the spirit of Christmas, I just wanted to send you a special message: STOP MODDING SO WELL.

K thanks :)

Judah,
Don't try and keep up - it's pointless. No-one can match Eels output rate. I'm going to go away and hide under the duvet for a few days.

Have a good break everyone and I confidently expect to see Eel having finished at least three more mod.s before the new year.

:wave:

Very nice job! Looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to see it complete and get a measure of temps inside there. Just super ellheads, you've definitely done it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back