Contribute
Register

eelmod: G4 Cube w/ Videos worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: My Next eelmod: G4 Cube

Gus said:
Very jealous ellhead! Just dropped you a pm.

PS congratulations on becoming a mod!.. it was probably a while ago, ive just got the hack bug again and want to do more! the new on board hd 3000 graphics make it so much easier
GUS!!!
Welcome back and thanks!! Yeah the modding bug lol I know what that feels like!

Just thought it might be worth mentioning the iMac G4 thread that has just been started. The board in that might be a nice option for a low power compatible solution for the Cube.
It is tiny and has HD3000 compatability.
Look here

Yeah I saw that board but do we fall back into the PM issues with it?
I am specifically running this Gigabyte board because it all works with no issues and this will be a build I need sleep to work on.

eelhead said:
I am specifically running this Gigabyte board because it all works with no issues and this will be a build I need sleep to work on.

Fair enough - true there's no guarantee for sleep until much DSDT fiddling has occurred. It's a gamble.

minihack said:
eelhead said:

Fair enough - true there's no guarantee for sleep until much DSDT fiddling has occurred. It's a gamble.
We will do these up with the H67Ns and I will or might have one cube left over and can sit on until something comes up with Neil's Intel board as well. Man I do really want to use a Thin iTX board so bad.

Ok so since I didnt have a lot to work with on the rear plate/underside I gave it to a friend of mine to get it milled out for the mobo IO plate.
Here are several pics of it going on.

And I used a different IO plate that is the same size as the one that will be utilized.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking good. What's the next step? I'm loving this mod. :clap:

VERY nice job on the milling/fitting of the plate .!!

Like it!
:)

Can't wait to see where it goes from here.....

Great job eel- we're all following this thread with anticipation for pics of the final product! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back