N/A
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Other
Re: My Next eelmod: G4 Cube w/ Videos

I couldn't help but notice an end of an apple cable in the picture of the os 9 boot up. I'm hoping its a adc to vga adapter. Is it? I really want to see a proper picture of one.

Ive seen one picture of a similar looking cable on an auction on ebay once, bundled with a cube power supply. I know they used to make little boxes that had the adapter and power supply for use with vga output.

Looking great btw! Also have you considered a server 1u cooler, with a blower style fan, I bought one ages ago to use in some mini style build, never got round to it, hopefully soon though. Anyway, it does make some noise, but i guess an aftermarket fan could be put on, to blow air down onto the heatsink and across the motherboard. Might not actually be that useful, anyway, the one i have is a Dynatron, but akasa make them too. http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_list.aspx?cv=1-4-281
http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?tpl=product/cpu.list.tpl&type=CPU coolers&type_sub=Low Profile

Motherboard
ASUS TP550LD
CPU
Intel Core i3 4030U 1.9GHz
Graphics
Intel HD4400 + GT820M (Optimus. Disabled from DSDT)
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android

6?!
whew..
wanna have one
give me one! LOL! no :lolno:

how cost is it per cube?

eelhead

Super Moderator
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X58
CPU
i7 950 3.06GHz
Graphics
Zotac GeForce GTX 670
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS

Gus said:
I couldn't help but notice an end of an apple cable in the picture of the os 9 boot up. I'm hoping its a adc to vga adapter. Is it? I really want to see a proper picture of one.

Ive seen one picture of a similar looking cable on an auction on ebay once, bundled with a cube power supply. I know they used to make little boxes that had the adapter and power supply for use with vga output.

Looking great btw! Also have you considered a server 1u cooler, with a blower style fan, I bought one ages ago to use in some mini style build, never got round to it, hopefully soon though. Anyway, it does make some noise, but i guess an aftermarket fan could be put on, to blow air down onto the heatsink and across the motherboard. Might not actually be that useful, anyway, the one i have is a Dynatron, but akasa make them too. http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_list.aspx?cv=1-4-281
http://www.akasa.co.uk/update.php?tpl=product/cpu.list.tpl&type=CPU coolers&type_sub=Low Profile
Sorry Gus but it's just a male to female extender it did come with the one Cube.

Thanks a lot for the cooler site, gives me some more options if this thing runs warm after getting it running.

DanN7 said:
6?!
whew..
wanna have one

how cost is it per cube?
tooo much lol

Gus

Motherboard
N/A
CPU
N/A
Graphics
N/A
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
Other

Ohwell, maybe next time. Sure thing, any luck from the shop about your pico? I am sooo excited to see these things going!

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS

DanN7 said:
6?!
whew..
wanna have one

how cost is it per cube?
Too much! :lol: It goes under the heading of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it!"

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone

This is awesome dude! :headbang:

Motherboard
Z97X-UD5H
CPU
Core i7-4790
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 960
Mac