Contribute
Register

Editing default OS X textures

Which OS X art style did you like most?

• > OS X 10.9.5 (Yosemite - Present)

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • < OS X 10.10.1 (Maverics - ≈Snow Leopard)

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z270X-UD3
CPU
i5 7600k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1050 OC 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ever since OS X Yosemite, I've hated the look of macOS. I really enjoyed the look of OS X Lion. Anyone else agree, or am I just crazy? I was just wondering if there was a way to edit the way things like windows and mission control look. I know there's things like cdock. I also know how to change things like the toolbar opacity, default system font, and default folder icon, but there's nothing I know of beyond that. If anyone knows of any programs or a specific file path to OS X's textures, that would be appreciated.

Ever since OS X Yosemite, I've hated the look of macOS. I really enjoyed the look of OS X Lion. Anyone else agree, or am I just crazy? I was just wondering if there was a way to edit the way things like windows and mission control look. I know there's things like cdock. I also know how to change things like the toolbar opacity, default system font, and default folder icon, but there's nothing I know of beyond that. If anyone knows of any programs or a specific file path to OS X's textures, that would be appreciated.
I like both the skeuomorth textured and the newer flattened design. At first I really couldn't get used to the new theme though.

Years ago when I was using Snow Leopard (10.6) on a netbook and could not update to Lion due to specs limitations, I downloaded a tool app called "Theme Park" to make the Snow Leopard roar like a Lion by changing the button style from rounded-corner to rectangular look. That was a pretty amazing trick.

However, after Apple introducing and applying more security restrictions on macOS such as SIP, I assume that macOS theming has been more difficult than before. I've seen some folks on ****** discussing theming with an app called ThemeEngine. Take a look at it.

Personally I like the way versions before mavericks looked, although I understand the reasons why they were changed. I consumes a lot of memory resources to have the 3d appearing dock like the versions prior to mavericks had, which leads to more battery/power consumption, which leads to more heat, which requires more hardware for cooling methods, to eliminate this the flattened design was introduces as a way to be more in line with iOS changes. Although there were many reasons behind it. I have since gotten used to the way versions after yosemite appear and now kinda like it but what I miss most about the older versions snow leopard and before was the cool intro movie at first launch after installation.

You can apply 'reduce transparency' in accessibility system preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back