Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
raulofs said:
hi scorcho, i got a question i have a GTX 460 SC 1024MB with Lion GM installed, but the finder is not performing well, it still has that laggy crap, i changed in the AGPM the "vendor id" on my video card Device 0e22, there was an increase of 25 FPS on the cinebench, but the finder's low performance it's still happening. what else should i do?

Same problem with laggy crap but after dragging the window here and there quickly everything goes smoothly.

My card is GT 435m.

whitegerry said:
raulofs said:
hi scorcho, i got a question i have a GTX 460 SC 1024MB with Lion GM installed, but the finder is not performing well, it still has that laggy crap, i changed in the AGPM the "vendor id" on my video card Device 0e22, there was an increase of 25 FPS on the cinebench, but the finder's low performance it's still happening. what else should i do?

Same problem with laggy crap but after dragging the window here and there quickly everything goes smoothly.

My card is GT 435m.

disabling beam sync seems to work..:)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17619

nanu_x said:
whitegerry said:
raulofs said:

My card is GT 435m.

disabling beam sync seems to work..:)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17619

it does work also in Lion?

My laptop is xps15 L501x with GT 435m and everything is ok in Snow leopard.

But in Lion there is only one problem making me confused for a long time.

When dragging a window it will move with little lag just like the video card doesn't work when idle. But after dragging the window here and there quickly everything goes so smoothly.

BUT when I use the displayport to connect a VGA everything goes smoothly with no lag.

What happened? Any solution?

In case you're running a fermi card and seeing transitions/animations that are somewhat choppy, try Scorcho's AGPM edit.

The edit Scorcho gave me works like a charm! All animations and transitions are butter smooth, and even games run better (the AGPM still seems to need some tweaking because games seem to stutter when it changes states).

Thanks Scorcho!

lion hasn't fixed crap, still getting freezes and fecs err: watchdog timeout.

james_is_15_88 said:

Have you edited the AGPM?

freakazoid1988 said:
james_is_15_88 said:

yea I added the device id to NVDAGF100hal kext info.plist and have added the device id to MacPro5,1 (what im using in smbios.plist) and edited the values, still getting freezes and crashes when running cinebench, could you post your AGPM info.plist threshold values?

james_is_15_88 said:
freakazoid1988 said:
[quote="james_is_15_88":33sbjl87]lion hasn't fixed crap, still getting freezes and fecs err: watchdog timeout.

yea I added the device id to NVDAGF100hal kext info.plist and have added the device id to MacPro5,1 (what im using in smbios.plist) and edited the values, still getting freezes and crashes when running cinebench, could you post your AGPM info.plist threshold values?[/quote:33sbjl87]

So far I've used the ones in the first post, the second set of values.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back