Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a possible fix for this at this moment?

Worked the first days, but now my machine crashes often...I'll replace the GTX460 with a HD6850... :/

mrhanky said:
Worked the first days, but now my machine crashes often...I'll replace the GTX460 with a HD6850... :/

No need to do that.. Every Lion testers ensure that the Freeze issue is gone in 10.7 due to some new drivers from Nvidia. (that work exclusively on Lion :x )

I'm gonna wait for 10.7 and enjoy my GTX460..

Until then: Wallsaver as a temporary solution.

Uhh...can anyone tell me where exactly in the info.plist I should place this code and how I place it? Thanks haha, I'm sort of new to editing kexts.

:headbang: i not have freeze no more, i have 4 days all work nice :) W/o this edit my hakintosh just for for minutes.. (4-15 like a max) now i can work for hours w/O problems :) i have H67-d2-b3 core i3 2100 4gb kingston and EVGA 460 768mb and fully vanilla mac os 10.6.7 :)

@chupeta - are you referring to Flyday's edit? I tried the original edit and to no avail. I heard the Lion doesn't have these issues, i'll be intrigued to try it as soon as it comes out.

I'm using wallsaver to keep mine running for the moment.

dont fret GTX4XX users!! looks like there is a fix incorporated into Lion, so wait the 10 or so days and we'll be back with full Fermi functionality!

In the meantime go for Wallsaver to keep it alive!

Hi
Thank you. It's very helpful.
The same result I get by changing system definition MacPro5.1 to MacPro3.1.
What method is better?

jan_matejko said:
Hi
Thank you. It's very helpful.
The same result I get by changing system definition MacPro5.1 to MacPro3.1.
What method is better?

Keep in mind that MacPro3.1 definition won't allow AGPM to load. So the card won't be managed by AGPM.kext.

I mean I get same result with two methods
1. Changing to MacPro3.1 and not modifing AGPM
2. modifing AGPM in MacPro5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back