Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
i5 ivy bridge
Graphics
geforce 8800
2007 iMac that is running macOS 10.12. Im trying to gain some functionality that isn't supported on my iMac. I got the offset for Macs that are supported for Night Shift by doing this
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 4.11.16 PM.png
And then got a dump of the data by doing this
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 4.12.21 PM.png
So now I'm looking at the data and found the location and "0d" is for iMac13,1. So naturally I changed it to hex "07" meaning iMac7,1. And now it would look for my year iMac as a compatible one. That didn't work. Now System Preferences crashing as soon as I click on the Display Preferences.
The highlighted hex is the place I am editing.
Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 4.13.30 PM.png
And I am providing the crash reports in a zip file if anyone wants to look at them and see what else I might have to do

Attachments

• crashLogs.zip
    78.5 KB · Views: 113
The problem with CoreBrightness is that it exclusively uses Metal. If your GPU doesn't support Metal, you're out of luck.

I do have night shift working on my 2007 iMac with the ati Radeon 2400 XT (doesn't support metal or night shift) by using clover boot loader and a smbios that makes my iMac think it is a late 2013 model iMac (that does support metal and night shift natively)
But I'm trying to get it to work without using all that

I had to re-sign the patched framework binary and that solved the problem with Display Preferences crashing. I now have Night Shift working natively on an unsupported 10 year old iMac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back