Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
i've started my first G4 Cube mod a few weeks ago and it's almost finished. Yeah :)
The project is nothing special... it's mostly a rebuild of sleppeks 2.1 Cube.
(http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...-z77n-wifi-16gb-ram-500gb-ssd-ati-6670-a.html)
There is just one question left: how do i have to connect the Edison Touch sensor with the motherboard ?
Especially: the sensor has 3 wires while the blue connector on sleppeks pics has only 2 pins.
(i know there is a tutorial for reusing the original touch sensor and another for how to connect the edison sensor with a custom solution header online but none for this use case... Maybe this question sounds a bit stupid but i don't have any electric knowledge)

l0cKy

Hey, thanks for your reply.
You are also using the custom solution header of your mainboard.
My, and also sleppeks mainboard does not have any...
I know, that there has been asked the question of the wireing in the build section of his cube, and he also answered it, but his post is really old, so the picture with the explanation seems to be lost.
(i talk about post #40 http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-...a-h67n-usb3-b3-16gb-ram-ssd-4.html#post370345 )
Once again, i think its quite a trivial answer but i just want to be sure not to burn my motherboard.

l0cKy

can anyone help me please ?
even a hint or a link would be nice.

l0cKy

Hi IOcKY, From sleppek's build.

Power Supply
The picoPSU-160-XT is a great power supply when you have not much space in your case. I made my own 24pin ATX-Power cable but selected another position in the Cube. The blue fan connector is used for the touch sensor. It is crimped to +5VSB on pin 9 and provides the connection for the power switch on the motherboard. I also made my own 5V/12V molex connector cable set for a perfect fitting connection to the SSD and optical drive. It also provides the 12V for the GPU fan.

What this means is that:
The Edison sensor requires a constant 5V, even when the computer is turned off. The only place this comes from is pin 9 of the ATX power cable. A GND signal for the Edison sensor can come from the ATX power cable also, this can be pins any of 3,5,7,15,17,18,19, or 24. The last pin of the Edison senior is the actual switch, this needs to be connected to the motherboard on the standard power switch pin.

Kiwi

Hi IOcKY, From sleppek's build.

What this means is that:
The Edison sensor requires a constant 5V, even when the computer is turned off. The only place this comes from is pin 9 of the ATX power cable. A GND signal for the Edison sensor can come from the ATX power cable also, this can be pins any of 3,5,7,15,17,18,19, or 24. The last pin of the Edison senior is the actual switch, this needs to be connected to the motherboard on the standard power switch pin.

Kiwi

uh, I am having problem that locky is having too, motherboards without custom solutions header require (+) and (-) side of power button connected to motherboard header. but, Edison sensor only has one pin. then how do I connect this sensor to motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back