Edisen Sensor responsiveness:

Discussion in 'PowerMac G4 Cube' started by rgw29, May 19, 2017.

1. rgw29

rgw29

Mobo:
    Asus Q170T
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7-6700T
    Graphics:
    HD 530
    Mac:
    iMac, MacBook Pro
    Classic Mac:
    Power Mac
    May 19, 2017 at 3:05 PM #1
    rgw29

rgw29

Mobo:
    Asus Q170T
    CPU:
    Intel Core i7-6700T
    Graphics:
    HD 530
    Mac:
    iMac, MacBook Pro
    Classic Mac:
    Power Mac
    Hello to all - I have been working on a cube build for the past few weeks. I followed the other fantastic builds on the forum and ordered the Edisen M0.2 ST NR N sensor. I have made the cutout through the metal and placed the sensor on top of the frame so the 3M pad side presses firmly against the plastic sheet between the sensor and plexiglass, however, the sensor is very unresponsive. It takes around 20 attempts to get the sensor to switch the computer on.

I noticed when testing the sensor outside of the case it didn't really respond to being touched on the topside (where the wires come out). It worked okay when touching the sensor directly on the bottom side where the 3M adhesive is.

Is this likely to be a faulty sensor? I don't have experience with them so I don't know how responsive it should be but it seems to me from other peoples experience on this forum that it should work better.

I have written to Edisen explaining the situation but am yet to receive a response from them.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

All the best,
    Reilly

SOLVED:

This was the response from Edisen. After leaving the sensor in place overnight it started working properly.

Please check whether the sensor is properly grounded (GND connected to PE). Furthermore, the sensor must be absolutely fixed on the Plexiglass, with every wiggle the sensor goes into the calibration mode and does not switch.

Then the sensor should penetrate 10mm Plexi. To further improve the penetration, you can enlarge the active area with an aluminum foil.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017