Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i5 6600K
Graphics
GTX 650
Currently have this usb wifi adapter Edimax EW-7711MAC in 10.14.6, but it doesn't seem to work under Catalina.

Anyone know of a workaround? Been solid up till now.

Edimax support should help you. Cheers., I like the those adaptors.
Emailed Edimax, got this response:

"The EW-7711MAC was no longer supported by the chipset vendor and we never got official drivers for Mac OS 10.13. it seems that 10.15 need to use a different type of drivers because the 32-bit system is not supported anymore.

Unfortunately this means that there will not be any official driver for this model.
Currently we are waiting on a list with models that is supported by Mac OS 10.15."

Looks like we'll need another wireless solution.

Emailed Edimax, got this response:

"The EW-7711MAC was no longer supported by the chipset vendor and we never got official drivers for Mac OS 10.13. it seems that 10.15 need to use a different type of drivers because the 32-bit system is not supported anymore.

Unfortunately this means that there will not be any official driver for this model.
Currently we are waiting on a list with models that is supported by Mac OS 10.15."

Looks like we'll need another wireless solution.

That sucks, since my desktop system could use it, I went with Fenvi FV-T919 for both bluetooth and wireless, works great. I have 2 Edimax WiFi adapters still new in the box :(

That sucks, since my desktop system could use it, I went with Fenvi FV-T919 for both bluetooth and wireless, works great. I have 2 Edimax WiFi adapters still new in the box :(
Been eyeing up that card for a while now, is it fully functional in 10.15?

Yes it is! Happy to say so also!
Cool. Can I ask, do you use it for bluetooth audio? I've a bt USB adapter, audio to bt headphones/earphones is patchy, an issue most people seem to suffer. Wondering if it's any better with this card.

Cool. Can I ask, do you use it for bluetooth audio? I've a bt USB adapter, audio to bt headphones/earphones is patchy, an issue most people seem to suffer. Wondering if it's any better with this card.

Yes frequently for audio with Bose headphones and my Apple AirPods. Works very well, and I also use the extended antennae. If you search the card here, there should be several helpful posts.

Currently have this usb wifi adapter Edimax EW-7711MAC in 10.14.6, but it doesn't seem to work under Catalina.

Anyone know of a workaround? Been solid up till now.
Hi Rob, Was hoping maybe you could give me some direction. I currently use MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. and Im trying to install this wifi adapter EW-7811Un but I cant seem to find the correct driver on Edimax website. Ae you aware of a driver that would work for this model adapter while using mac MOjave?

Hi Rob, Was hoping maybe you could give me some direction. I currently use MacOS Mojave 10.14.5. and Im trying to install this wifi adapter EW-7811Un but I cant seem to find the correct driver on Edimax website. Ae you aware of a driver that would work for this model adapter while using mac MOjave?
Sorry Benny, I don't know about that adapter. I've gone to a wired ethernet cable to avoid all these wifi dongle issues, but I appreciate that isn't possible for everyone. It's probably best for you to purchase a different adapter, one that's known to work fine in Mojave (like the EW-7711MAC) if you don't plan to go to Catalina anytime soon. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back