Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello there,

As you can see by the number of posts I am new here and ofcourse not without a reason.

My hobbies consist of (digital) dj-ing and producing music. I used to use windows, but nowadays all new laptops come without firewire and 64 bit windows. My problem is that I use an Ecler Evo 5 (firewire) mixer and this mixer does not have 64bit drivers. It is also a 10in-10out soundcard and I am very happy with it. It cost me a lot of money at the time and for me it is not an option to sell it. Because of the fact that there are no 64bit drivers someone told me to look for a mac which does not need any drivers. There are mac drivers on the site of Ecler which date from 2009. WIndows 32bit has a restriction of 4GB of memory (less 1GB for windows on its own). This limits me a lot when making music.

Anyway…….Is there anybody out there who also uses an Ecler evo 5 and can let me know if it for example works on Mavericks or an earlier version. I need to know this in order to have some one built me a hackintosh.

i hope I am not the only one with this amazing mixer.

Thank you for your (very fast) response. I have searched this thread already and saw:

Just had a quick test of my Ecler Evo 5, everything seems ok on ML so far

But I was hoping someone could tell me it works for sure on ML and maybe there were some problems which needed to be solved. I just need to be sure before building a hackintosh and ending up with a system that is not working properly.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back