Intel DX58SO
CPU
W3680
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
What exactly does Unibeast/Multibeast change while making the installer and post installation with regards to stock kexts.

I am running a DX58so with a w3680 and clover is giving me some strange behaviors while using the uni/multi install method and slice does not think its a clover issue.

I originally installed the system with ECC off in the bios and used Mac Pro 5,1 and was expecting a ECC kernal panic from appletymce because I did not use the clover patch to find and replace the hex values.. it did not panic but did not load ECC as it showed disabled in profile manager. Clover boot log showed it picked up the w3680 and shows the cpu as turbo capable and will step it from 12-25 and 26 under load so working fine

if I go into the intel bios and set memory to ECC, clover still boots fine, but shows the cpu in the boot log as not turbo capable, does not load turbo values and only step the chip to 25 which is max non turbo value

strange

with ECC enabled in bios, still does not show as enabled in the profile manager.. if I boot into memtest86 on usb it will activate and run in ECC mode, so bios is activating the ECC, the ECC sticks are qualified for the dx58so, and the bios is enabled for ECC support with this xeon.

so this leads me to believe that since the system didnt panic with macpro5,1 and ecc off, that unibeast or multibeast must be editing or disabling some kexts during install

can you clarify..

thanks

Move to Bootloader as this is a Clover issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back