Graphics
ATI Radeon HD 6xxx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I get to step four of the iboot process which is to hit F5 after inserting the Snow Leopard Retail disk.
The error repeats itself 9 times and quits. Nothing else happens.
Any ideas?

My build is the Sandy Bridge Customac #1

CPU: Intel Core i3-2100
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6670
RAM: Corsair XMS3 4 GB 1333mhz DDR3 (4GB)
Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc
Hard Drive: Seagate 1 TB 7200RPM
Installation DVD: Mac OS X Snow Leopard

Make sure your HDD and DVD drive are connected to SATA 3GB/s ports, the 6GB/s ones won't work for installation. You may have to try a couple of port combinations to get it to work...ie...swapping ports between DVD and HDD.

Make sure that NOTHING is connected to the white SATA ports on your motherboard. When I was trying to install OS X my Bluray drive was connected to a white port, and that messed everything up. Also, remove all USB drives/peripherals except your mouse and keyboard. One of my USB hard drives caused a bunch of EBIOS errors for me whenever I tried to load the Chimera bootloader.

SnapMan said:
Make sure your HDD and DVD drive are connected to SATA 3GB/s ports, the 6GB/s ones won't work for installation. You may have to try a couple of port combinations to get it to work...ie...swapping ports between DVD and HDD.

I misread the instructions and have moved all the connections to the blue SATA connectors.
No change.

TheSmartGuy said:
Make sure that NOTHING is connected to the white SATA ports on your motherboard. When I was trying to install OS X my Bluray drive was connected to a white port, and that messed everything up. Also, remove all USB drives/peripherals except your mouse and keyboard. One of my USB hard drives caused a bunch of EBIOS errors for me whenever I tried to load the Chimera bootloader.
All USB connections are not in use. I am using the PS2 connected mouse and keyboards.
No change.

Try swapping so the HDD is in Port 0 and DVD in Port 1 (or 1 and 2 depending on how they are numbered).......

What make/model of DVD drive do you have?

Are you using a USB drive?

USB DVD drives will not work for installing Mac OS, you need to use an internal one or a USB thumb drive.

As stupid as this sounds.... I just want to see if you're having the same issue as me.

Unplug your hard drive and then try the process and see if you get to the install screen. The problem im having is I get the ebios error only when my hard drive is plugged in!

Tenatious said:
As stupid as this sounds.... I just want to see if you're having the same issue as me.

Unplug your hard drive and then try the process and see if you get to the install screen. The problem im having is I get the ebios error only when my hard drive is plugged in!

Same error when HD is not connected. I am concerned about the retail dvd that I am using.

I am using: Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H67M-D2-B3.
I removed all connections to the white ports (ports 1 and 2) and put them into the blue ports (3-6). All configurations didn't seem to have any effect on the error.

SnapMan said:
Try swapping so the HDD is in Port 0 and DVD in Port 1 (or 1 and 2 depending on how they are numbered).......

What make/model of DVD drive do you have?

Are you using a USB drive?

USB DVD drives will not work for installing Mac OS, you need to use an internal one or a USB thumb drive.

Great news. I got it to work. Thank you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back