Contribute
Register

EBIOS read error: Error 0x31 Block 0x0 Sectors 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some help with an issue following the EBIOS read error. I set USB support to only UEFI mod in the UEFI menu and now those 5 lines stating the boot error do not appear anymore. But now I unfortunately cannot boot into my system experiencing a boot loop. The chimera boot loader loads up and the loading bar gets almost full but then the system just reboots. Any ideas about what I can do in order to boot into system?

All devices are disconnected except keyboard.

I need some help with an issue following the EBIOS read error. I set USB support to only UEFI mod in the UEFI menu and now those 5 lines stating the boot error do not appear anymore. But now I unfortunately cannot boot into my system experiencing a boot loop. The chimera boot loader loads up and the loading bar gets almost full but then the system just reboots. Any ideas about what I can do in order to boot into system?

All devices are disconnected except keyboard.

You must select the hd mavericks in "NO UEFI" mode from boot menu. Cheers.

do either of you have a USB card reader?

I started getting this error as soon as I hooked up my internal USB card reader with a new ML build I am working on. I would get 4 of these errors, and then I could choose an OS, and it would load no problem.

You could turn off USB booting in the BIOS ( it can be called "USB Legacy Support" sometimes).
Although, when I turned off my "USB Legacy" in my BIOS I could no longer use the keyboard to choose an operating system in the bootloader.

I also tried to reinstall the bootloader with the USB reader installed... I was hoping it would be like re-installing LiLo when you moved disks around in Linux... alas, it did not work.

In my case, I just ended up removing the card reader, as we didn't really use it anyway. :)

You sir are a hero. I thought I was going to have to reinstall Yosemite as I have been getting this exact error message four times on each boot since Mavericks. I thought I had disconnected my card reader but it was hidden behind my monstrous R9 280x. Some people said it was due to the partition mapping of your installation drive, but I followed the guide that was supposed to fix that issue when I did a fresh install of Yosemite. This has been driving me crazy thanks so much.

I'm going to add a new wrinkle to the thread. Everyone seems to have issues with card readers and scanners or printers with built ins. I get this error from a Seagate external HDD. I have 3 external drives connected, including the one I boot from. If I disconnect this specific drive no error. I think there's an issue in the MBR but no idea how to resolve it. I have formatted the drive in Windows, OSX and Fedora Linux, the error remains and none of the OS's will boot from the drive.

thank you very much r1De !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back