Contribute
Register

EBIOS read error: Error 0x0c Block 0x18a96a Sectors 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
... go to the settings, click on storage, then choose the disk drive and make sure the "Passthrough" option is checked.

Just this little checkbox and it works ^^ Thanks !

same here - there is only a passthrough if you go to physical drive. 3 days on this project, still no luck. I've tried the original Snow Leopard DVD, about 8 different images to download.
Ironically, I'm running VirtualBox ON My iMAC (Windows 8.1) - Intel Haswell chipset) which I got in Dec 2013!!! There's simply no way to do this without a hacked MacOSX DVD (which no one seems to have on the Internet anywhere!!!)
I've made an ISO of the Snow Leopard DVD as well! Same problem "Error 0x0c ..."
This apparently is not possible to do on iMac hardware (since it's impossible to get to the BIOS on iMacs).
ARRRGGHHH!!!
I have a dual boot machine, just would love to get Vbox to run MAC OSX - any version - running. The retail DVDs just won't work!! The images on the Internet are all .toast files, which, when converted to ISO, will not work either. It's maddening to see so many getting this to work on non-Mac hardware and finding it can't be done on Mac hardware!!

I was having the same issue because I was using a virtual drive to host the boot disk. Instead, I burned the boot file to a cd and used that instead and then clicked checked the "Passthrough" option.

Also, instead of hosting the Snow Leopard iso file on the virtual drive, I just navigated to it after the boot disk loaded, pressed F5 and then F8 as in the previous example. Then click on the "OS X Install DVD" and press enter. You should see the Apple logo appear, and then just go through the install.

So I guess virtual drives do no good for this installation.

Having the identical issue. Where do I find the “passthrough” check box?

Thanks

I don’t see “passthrough” on the VB storage device settings window. Is it elsewhere, or maybe called something else? Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back