Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
My build worked for 3 years, but suddenly it's not booting up. This started after I lost power while the system was working. When I tried to turn it back on, it gave me these errors (image below). I'm stuck at this screen.

I made my own build 3 years ago, but I'm not an expert, especially since this is the first real issue I've had. Plus I don't remember much of what I did for the original build.

I haven't done anything as I post this. I really have no idea what to do next. I guess I'm supposed to boot up from an USB? Not sure how to do this, and of course losing my data is a big concern. Can someone tell me what I need to do? I have a stick that I created years ago for the build. Is that what I should use? Would appreciate help. Thanks.

Error.jpg

So I unplugged the added internal drive and was able to boot up. But if I plug it back in, I get the same errors on boot up. I need the data on that drive, which is not where the OSX is. OSX is on SSD.

Do I need to do something in BIOS so it bypasses the HD for bootup?

To update, I realize now that the Seagate 3TB drive was what was causing the problem. That's what caused the power loss in the first place (could be a failing hard drive). Once I removed the drive the system boots up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back